Easton axis arrows footings

bisblue

WKR
I've used the easton half outs and hit inserts with and without an aluminum arrow footer. I typically use gel super glue on the footing, but might have to try the easton epoxy as I've had a few come loose.
I just put the footing in a drill and use a file to taper the end.

DuckDogDr

WKR
When y’all are making the footings.. are you using the inserts with the aluminum arrows ..
Or are you “sleeving” the ends and matching ends with carbon and using the carbon inserts

When y’all are making the footings.. are you using the inserts with the aluminum arrows ..
Or are you “sleeving” the ends and matching ends with carbon and using the carbon inserts
The ones I made were just hollow sleeves used in conjunction with a hidden insert (HIT) glued inside the carbon shaft. They were similar to the collars made by Iron Will and Ethics but without a lip on the front end.

lelliott8

FNG
The brass was just a tube I found at the hardware store. They didn't stay on very well I wouldn't recommend.

The black is an aluminum arrow that fit. There's a pretty big list somewhere (tradgang?) That has the right aluminum size for certain shafts. Alternatively you can do the math off of the arrow size.

One thing I do recommend is getting a field point that is the diameter of the aluminum. It makes it less likely to slide up the shadt if you end up hitting something.