E-bike trailers

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
I have an area that I can e-bike to. Its about 4.5 miles from the nearest parking lot, and theres a bike trail that swings in fairly close (a few hundred yards). I have an Aventon E-bike. I'd like to get a trailer that can hold my gear and maybe, if I'm lucky, a deer. I'm having a hard time finding one that has the right footprint and carrying capacity. I'd love to hear from those of you who use them which trailer you all use. TIA!

I'm working on the same thing but probably gonna peddle it while wife rides the ebike. I picked this one up cheap and already had the jet sled, thinking it could be a good combo but I need to go ride around and rest it to see if it drags the ass and how it handles. Might work well to drag the sled to the bike then plop it on the trailer frame. I'm toying with replacing the tires also. Just took this pic about an hour ago mocking it up.

Attachments

• PXL_20241001_175418097.jpg
    PXL_20241001_175418097.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 10

150plusB&C

Lil-Rokslider
00026249d94e7bd105362099d5ecc2be.jpg

If you don’t have a lot of hills this will work great. I use it in the mountains but it can be tough go up and down some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
I'm working on the same thing but probably gonna peddle it while wife rides the ebike. I picked this one up cheap and already had the jet sled, thinking it could be a good combo but I need to go ride around and rest it to see if it drags the ass and how it handles. Might work well to drag the sled to the bike then plop it on the trailer frame. I'm toying with replacing the tires also. Just took this pic about an hour ago mocking it up.
I'd like to know what the base trailer is on that. I like it!

I'd like to know what the base trailer is on that. I like it!
It's a cheap one off Amazon, was on lightning deal for $120 but it usually bounces up and down from $135-$180. The brand is Vevor, which interestingly enough I also have an extendable pole saw and 12v RV water pump from this brand for our off grid camp and the quality on those items have impressed me. This might be a good brand to keep an eye on for various things. This cart is extremely light, it's their 100lb rated aluminum frame model and I'm not fully sure I'd trust it with 100 lbs except that the jet sled will really help to distribute the weight evenly so that's got to help. I will say every single nut is nylon lock nut, all the QD clips are wired or tethered to prevent loss, and it seems like every little detail was well executed. I haven't used it yet though. The main reason I bought this one is the width measurement fit perfectly with the jet sled I already owned. What I don't like are the tires, thin with tubes. I have some 16" solid rubber tires I'll likely put on it, but they have 5/8" bearings and this cart has a 1/2" spindle pin so it'll need a sleeve to adapt to size. I do like how it folds super flat. I also have an 8 year old Hawk Crawler that I just put solid rubber tires on so I'm gonna start working on also adapting that to tow with the bike, will try to update if I find something that works cleanly with my setup.

OP
M

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
It's a cheap one off Amazon, was on lightning deal for $120 but it usually bounces up and down from $135-$180. The brand is Vevor, which interestingly enough I also have an extendable pole saw and 12v RV water pump from this brand for our off grid camp and the quality on those items have impressed me. This might be a good brand to keep an eye on for various things. This cart is extremely light, it's their 100lb rated aluminum frame model and I'm not fully sure I'd trust it with 100 lbs except that the jet sled will really help to distribute the weight evenly so that's got to help. I will say every single nut is nylon lock nut, all the QD clips are wired or tethered to prevent loss, and it seems like every little detail was well executed. I haven't used it yet though. The main reason I bought this one is the width measurement fit perfectly with the jet sled I already owned. What I don't like are the tires, thin with tubes. I have some 16" solid rubber tires I'll likely put on it, but they have 5/8" bearings and this cart has a 1/2" spindle pin so it'll need a sleeve to adapt to size. I do like how it folds super flat. I also have an 8 year old Hawk Crawler that I just put solid rubber tires on so I'm gonna start working on also adapting that to tow with the bike, will try to update if I find something that works cleanly with my setup.

I'd love to see a five-mile stress test with 200lbs in the back.

I have an area that I can e-bike to. Its about 4.5 miles from the nearest parking lot, and theres a bike trail that swings in fairly close (a few hundred yards). I have an Aventon E-bike. I'd like to get a trailer that can hold my gear and maybe, if I'm lucky, a deer. I'm having a hard time finding one that has the right footprint and carrying capacity. I'd love to hear from those of you who use them which trailer you all use. TIA!
I've been using a repurposed child trailer/jogger for hauling duck decoys, camping gear; and, even a kayak. Mine is a Yakima brand with aluminum frame. I removed all of the fabric and made a web mesh floor. Mine attaches to the rear axle with flex fitting. I've seen others that attach to a seat post too. Look on craigs - list for used examples and get creative.