Drugs - An honest use and need

OP
P
The pain has finally subsided. Now if the swelling would go down so I can open my mouth and apply food.

Pain is not new to me as I have had 13 kidney stones since my 50s. Since all of them came from my left kidney, I even contemplated looking for somebody I didn't like and give them my kidney.

They got that under control and now it is time to get on with life till the next surprise. There are benefits to dying young. But that was a lot of elk ago.

KsRancher

WKR
The pain has finally subsided. Now if the swelling would go down so I can open my mouth and apply food.

Pain is not new to me as I have had 13 kidney stones since my 50s. Since all of them came from my left kidney, I even contemplated looking for somebody I didn't like and give them my kidney.

They got that under control and now it is time to get on with life till the next surprise. There are benefits to dying young. But that was a lot of elk ago.
Did they give you some antibiotics? I have never had a root canal. But my wife has had one and the next morning her whole face was swelled up really bad. They said it was some sort of infection that they didn't get out and got worse

Maki35

WKR
My go to pain relief is motrin/ ibuprofen (unless you're allergic to it.)
I had a 2 root canal done many years ago. Dr prescribed ibuprofen and antibiotics. I wasn't in any pain or swelling.

My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed. Dr wrote a prescription for antibiotics, 600mg ibuprofen and oxycodone. Antibiotics was taken in case of any infection.
She didn't need to the oxycodone because the ibuprofen was enough to keep the pain away.

Last edited:
OP
P
The tooth problem started last thursday. The dentist prescribed a 6 pac of antibiotics and did the root canal yesterday.

The tooth doesn't hurt but my lower jaw does and the lympth glands are swollen. Even my beard hairs are tender.

OP
P
Tried an icepak but it hurt too much to do it for very long. I just took a shower . It was quite uncomfortable to wash my beard and left side of my jaw but overall took my mind off the discomfort.

gelton

WKR
Timely post as I am about to head to the dentist in a couple of hours to have a wisdom tooth pulled that I didn't take care of when I needed to and it's about to fall out on its own. Going to try to get him just to pull em all out as they all have cavities anyway.

But yeah on the pain pills it's ridiculous how hard they are to get. I have had my neck fused with a plate and 4 screws, just had a torn bicep repaired in October of last year, and had hernia surgery in December of last year and they prescribed me like 15 Vicodin with a refill of only 5. When I had my neck done 10 years ago, my doctor prescribed me 90 at a time.

roymunson

WKR
i have a blood condition that has, thru a series of one thing leading to another, left me with sever arthritis and no cartilage on either of my ankles. When I work out, I fully understand I may not be able to walk up the stairs tonight to put the kids to bed. (think old wheel bearing with no grease anymore as my ankles)

I've gotten scripts for hydrocodone and the relief is real. At least I can get a night sleep when I'm hurting. But I've never been dependent on it. Though I can see if you have chronic pain all day how you would.

Glad the pain is subsiding. I live with a high level of daily discomfort, but when that real pain hits, I can see how people will pursue anything it takes for relief.