DRT Terminal shock results on game

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone shooting DRT Terminal Shock on game and does anyone have any first hand knowledge of how the performed? Pictures? Testimonials etc….??

I've got the 95gr terminal shock loaded up for an elk hunt next month so hopefully will have something to contribute.

@SouthPaw has taken at least a couple animals with results in these threads.

OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the 95gr terminal shock loaded up for an elk hunt next month so hopefully will have something to contribute.

@SouthPaw has taken at least a couple animals with results in these threads.
Awesome! Thanks. Keep me updated. Thinking I’m going to try the 95s and 67 in
My .243.

The 200s are doing great out of my wsm. Just haven’t connected with anything yet for first hand results.

Three elk down with the DRTs last weekend. A 6x6 bull with the 135 (6.5 creed) at about 350 yards and a 5x6 bull and cow at 200 with the 95 (6 creed). Both shots on bulls were too far back, about center elk or a little further back, but neither made it more than 50 yards before laying down. Photo of entrance and exit from the 135 below. No terminal performance photos from the bull taken with the 95 unfortunately but there was no obvious exit wound. Did get an exit photo from a neck shot on the cow.

IMG_6861.jpgIMG_6862.jpg

5x6 died in a great spot:
IMG_6828.jpg

Neck shot on cow:
IMG_6805.jpg

While better shots on the bulls would have obviously been preferred, I think there is something to be said about how these bullets did even with poor shot placement.