Drop offset holster

treillw

WKR
Any recommendations on a comfortable drop offset holster adapter? I have a blade tech one and the tek lok connector gets pretty uncomfortable after extended wear. I want it for backpacking to get the gun down and away from my hip belt.

Thanks!

Alaska92

FNG
I actually had to draw quickly on a bear charge a few weeks ago while I was out taking one of my Glocks for a walk. I like the location of the holster for a natural draw.

IMG_9431.jpeg

Axlrod

WKR
I just ordered one of these, for my S&W 329 with the drop loop:

It has 3 screws, so you can put it on a backpack belt. Can get it with or without cartridge loops. They aren't cheap, but a friend has one and they are very well built.

jolemons

WKR
I'm using the Gunfighters Inc and like it, but don't love it. I'm going to try a tactical duty belt to see if that changes my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
Any recommendations on a comfortable drop offset holster adapter? I have a blade tech one and the tek lok connector gets pretty uncomfortable after extended wear. I want it for backpacking to get the gun down and away from my hip belt.

Thanks!
The best commercially available one Ive tried is the Custom Ronin thigh panel from Gunfighters Inc. You have to select the "malice clip" option when buying to find the thigh panel to select it. Its comfortable to wear, secure. The only thing I don't like about it is its an open top holster and for OWB id like to have some kind of level 2 retention. An elastic cord with a pull tab sewn on can make for a simple DIY solution to that.

I have experimented with DIY mods to drop regular holsters off the belt and have had success with buying a "tactical" thigh holster strap off amazon, 10 bucks. Clip or slide any OWB holster onto that then run 3/4" webbing with quick release buckles thru the same belt loops on the holster to drop off your belt and its a very secure fit that adapts so far to any common OWB holster I have. I find this setup very comfortable to wear all day. It rides closer to the body than the Gunfighters panel which helps make it more secure and prevents snagging brush off trail.

1719733014359.png

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I use a BOSS standard hanger with a Blade-Tech holster body. I use 1/2" spacers.

1719735174188.png

It's great.

I've had it since last June. I've shot Steel Challenge with it 10 times, so that's 300 draws plus a few hundred more in practice.

I have it on a competition belt but it will fit on any 1.5" belt.

I guess my point is we have similar holsters but I wonder, would any DOH be adaptable for wearing a pack with a hip belt?

Have you considered switching to a chest holster like the Gunfighters Inc. Kenai?

This is what I'm doing with my pistol and exo k4:

IMG_5477.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to be able to have a holster that I could have on my hip belt and then be able to take it off and wear it on my pants belt. I ordered a G code holster with a paddle mount and it allows me to do this.

I’ve tried using the drop holster option so it sits under my hip belt, but I didn’t care for it on long hikes or hikes where I had to climb over deadfall.

River1313

FNG
I’ve used the Blade-tech offset holder for 3 years now. I like it but it’s not perfect. I recently tried the Kenai Chest Holster and it was too crowded with the bino harness for me. It would be great if I was hunting without the bino harness. Always searching for the perfect carry option in the backcountry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I’ve used the Blade-tech offset holder for 3 years now. I like it but it’s not perfect. I recently tried the Kenai Chest Holster and it was too crowded with the bino harness for me. It would be great if I was hunting without the bino harness. Always searching for the perfect carry option in the backcountry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not too crazy about the Kenai chest holster. I had one and I was fishing with it on. I slipped on a round mossy rock and did a side step back and forth. Upon doing so, my FNX 45 Tactical, Surefire X400, and RMR (somewhere around $2000 worth of gun) went flying from the holster and into the river. I jumped on it like it was my job and luckily was able to get it back (metal sinks). GFI refunded my money and made me another holster to makeup for it, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from it. At least I could find my gun.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I wanted to be able to have a holster that I could have on my hip belt and then be able to take it off and wear it on my pants belt. I ordered a G code holster with a paddle mount and it allows me to do this.

I’ve tried using the drop holster option so it sits under my hip belt, but I didn’t care for it on long hikes or hikes where I had to climb over deadfall.

I have a an Ivory EMG pack holster that has molle stuff on the back of it it to go on the K4 hip belt.

I forgot about it because its in a box in the closet, but its definitely a viable choice.

I tried it and discovered I prefer to have 2 hip pouches and the Kenai holster with the K4.

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I meant can you cant the gun away from your body? ie) top of the gun is further away from you then the barrel tip is.
I wouldn't want the muzzle pointed at my leg, especially drawing the pistol. What would be the advantage of this?

I experimented with a Gcode RTI duty drop holster that also greatly offset the gun from the leg. While thats fast for tactical or competition use I found it horrible for hunting thru brush or even just carrying the hunting rifle even slung.
Everything has a tradeoff, but I don't find it slow to draw when the gun is mounted close or flush with the leg, its important to practice enough to get it in memory.