Drop off/ pickup services alaska

Versydus

WKR
Been scouring the forums here today trying to see if there were any threads related to this but no luck so here goes.

Planning to do a DIY moose hunt off the Dalton Hwy in '24. Legit rental companies for 4x4 or vehicles that do specifically allow travel off road are running $2k to $3k for the 12 days we plan to be in the field.

Looking to see if there is a fellow rokslider in the Fairbanks AK area that would rather make that money? Probably a full day commitment for each leg of trip. Dates are somewhat flexible if they need to flex to your schedule.

Drive 2 guys and gear north and then pickup later? Only logistics that would be helpful might be a cooler or 2 for meat on return trip?

Hit me up if you are interested in talking or have a better idea.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

FYI, Resident hunting only off the Dalton highway in unit 20F. GMU 24&26 DHCMA are draw areas that can be applied for until 15 Dec, with drawing released end of February for these archery areas.

OP
Versydus

Versydus

WKR
Plan currently is to head north a couple hundred miles then hitch a ride from an air taxi into the bush.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

AKBorn

WKR
Depending on what you get in terms of responses for this, you could also check with Wright Air in Fairbanks to see what they might quote you to fly you into that country from Fairbanks.

OP
Versydus

Versydus

WKR
I spoke with Wright Air on Friday of last week, working thru that as well. Just trying to feel out all the options. I'll send you a pm that's less vague.

OP
Versydus

Versydus

WKR
cheapest option I found, with what seemed to be the simplest on logistics was renting a pickup off turo. Contacted host post booking to see if they were comfortable with me driving up dalton highway to pickup location and all was good there. we will see

hopefully there aren't any hiccups in 8 months

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
cheapest option I found, with what seemed to be the simplest on logistics was renting a pickup off turo. Contacted host post booking to see if they were comfortable with me driving up dalton highway to pickup location and all was good there. we will see

hopefully there aren't any hiccups in 8 months
Curious what Turo was charging. I can definitely get it cheaper. Plus you could pick up the truck in either Fairbanks or Prudhoe and drive yourself to Prospect Creek.