Don't Burn Your Toilet Paper

They article doesn't say if the "hikers" were hunters or not, but seems to imply they were not hunting. Another 750 acres of DEDICATED mule deer winter range burned.

Another reason I implore IDFG to require a license to access IDFG property.

That was the cause of the Eagle Bar fire in Hells Canyon in 1989. I'm not sure if they still do it, but they used to make t shirts for the fire crews . The t shirt for that one was a drawing of a roll of toilet paper unrolling over a map of Idaho and said " I got wiped out on the Eagle Bar Fire" .
Couple of granola's started that one.

Geewhiz

WKR

They article doesn't say if the "hikers" were hunters or not, but seems to imply they were not hunting. Another 750 acres of DEDICATED mule deer winter range burned.

More rules is always the answer. :ROFLMAO:

How about use some common frigging sense.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Gonna turn into like many of the dedicated wilderness areas in California with perpetual fire bans. Because stupid ass social media and people like OP requesting “permits” to fix plain stupidity. What a world.

Spoonbill

WKR
Make the people responsible pay for putting out the fire and for restoring the habitat. Simple solution and it will hold people accountable.

That all sounds good but most of those hiking hippies don't have a dime to their name, can't squeeze blood from a turnip and they're not worried about ever paying anyway.

One of the greenie magazines said you should burn your tp and smear your poop on the outcrops. I think we had 4 fires out of three forks on that insanity and haven't felt the same about outcrops near trails since.

Spoonbill

WKR
That all sounds good but most of those hiking hippies don't have a dime to their name, can't squeeze blood from a turnip and they're not worried about ever paying anyway.
Good point, those high mileage outbacks and foresters won’t be worth taking to help with the costs of the fire.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Why would you want to burn it, to share it with everyone around the campsite? :).. Bury it, with biodegradable tp, or pack it out.

OP
B
Gonna turn into like many of the dedicated wilderness areas in California with perpetual fire bans. Because stupid ass social media and people like OP requesting “permits” to fix plain stupidity. What a world.
Do you realize this is a wildlife management area in Idaho? If people were required to possess a hunting/fishing license to access wildlife management areas, the wildlife agency generates more revenue, or the wildlife management area receives less traffic. Either way sportsmen win. What a concept

saskhunter

Lil-Rokslider
That :poop: is 🔥!!!

I've discovered one positive thing about Muskeg on my last Yukon trip. You can easily rip a whole through the moss, drop your coiler in there and cover it back up! No shovels required but watch out for that backsplash if the whole is full of water!

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Do you realize this is a wildlife management area in Idaho? If people were required to possess a hunting/fishing license to access wildlife management areas, the wildlife agency generates more revenue, or the wildlife management area receives less traffic. Either way sportsmen win. What a concept
You don’t seem to grasp what we are getting at.

Geewhiz

WKR
Some guy here in CO started a several 1000 acre fire from trying to cremate his dog. SMH Just bury it already, you don't need to cremate it.
I guess he was successful?

Sorry if that's insensitive but its also insensitive to burn down everybody else's trees.

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider

I disagree about requiring a license; further, there are serious logistics involved in doing so. IDFG manages the Boise River WMA, but there are multiple owners, including BLM, USFS, Army Corps of Engineers, Idaho Fish and Wildlife Association, and IDFG.