Dog wont eat dry food well

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Just put a raw egg on it. My dog would eat saw dust if I did that although I feed her 4 health grain free beef and potato from tractor supply.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
My terrier eats all human food, chicken, ground beef, black beans etc. I keep a small container of kibble in my pocket for treats thru the day, he luvs that.

Will_m

WKR
He is a Weim but just a house dog. I had him on Pro Plan a while ago and he got sick and wouldn't touch that food after that so I switched him to Victor. That was a couple years ago.
My weim is really picky. He’ll eat victor if he has to, but he’ll smash science diet. I’ve got him on the large dog or big bites (whatever it’s called) but he loves the small bites that my dachshunds eat.

jenkinsd

FNG
Dry kibble is garbage. Not real food. I don't blame dogs for not wanting to eat it. My dog gets lots of eggs and real meat with a tiny bit of dry dog food mixed in.
If Harris takes over you will be fighting your dog for the real meat and eggs

KurtR

WKR
My opinion is that most kibble is absolute crap and is full of stuff that’s not normal or natural for a dog to eat. It’s just emblematic of how much trust they have in us that they will eat it.

This is what we feed our old dog. It’s horribly expensive.

How many dogs have you trained to form that opinion? What kind of dogs is another pertinent question.

When 10 year old labs are still running in national opens doing 400 yard quad water marks and people have thousands invested in them if these designer foods where that much better they would be feeding them. They have 50 k plus in training I don’t see the cost of food being a barrier and as hard as the competition is every little advantage is needed.

TuckTruck

WKR
I’ve got three labs, they used to get loyal life, chicken when they were puppies and then lamb when they got a little older. They ate it but they always had bad gas. A few years ago we switched to Kirkland signature salmon. Their stomach issues are gone and their coats actually got a bit shinier. We do make a “cereal” with their kibble just by adding a bit of water, it slows them down a bit and keeps their mouths from getting torn up.