Does anyone stealth camp?

Earp

FNG
I had to Google it too. It doesn’t mean what I was imagining. I’ve never done it.

Stealth camp

What is Stealth Camping? Stealth camping is the act of camping in an urban area that is not necessarily meant for overnight camping. While there are no “campsites” when you stealth camp, there are plenty of legal places to park overnight in your van without drawing attention to yourself.

What happens if you get caught stealth camping?

Some areas have stiff penalties for getting caught stealth camping. If caught, law enforcement will likely knock on your window and ask you to leave. Additionally, law enforcement could issue you a fine or citation, depending on the situation or how you handle the interaction.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Not meaning to talk about vehicle camping. Stealth camping in a shelter or bivy. There is a utube channel just on a guy urban stealth camping, places like a roundabout. Its popular in the uk, i think.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Not really. Homeless do not go unnoticed, they camp in plain view around here.

Steve started with camping videos and would do a stealth one every now and then but they really took off on his channel. I think people like the idea that he might get caught while camping somewhere he is not supposed to ? He lost his wife unexpectedly last year I am glad to see he is still making videos.

Maverick1

WKR
Not meaning to talk about vehicle camping. Stealth camping in a shelter or bivy. There is a utube channel just on a guy urban stealth camping, places like a roundabout. Its popular in the uk, i think.
Roundabout? Better make sure it is not a relatively flat one! I've seen many instances where the big rig, 18 wheelers drive right through the center and don't even bother going around the outside of the roundabout! That would be a bad stealth camping experience! Squish!

I've camped in my back yard to test out gear. Plenty of times.
Slept in the front seat of my vehicle, or in the bed of the truck, too.
Slept at a wayside.
Camped on remote islands in the boundary waters.
Winter camped.
Camped on a sandbar in the river.
Slept under the stars with just a sleeping bag.
Had my cot transported and placed in front of the latrine in the middle of the night while I was sleeping.

But can't recall pitching a tent or tarp in an urban setting.