Votes: 62 60.8%
  • Left

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Straight

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I saw a post on archery talk the other day where a guy shot left, right and straight fletchings. His arrow clocked left naturally. Order of accuracy for him was 1. Right 2. Straight 3. Left

Obviously, there is human error involved but interesting results for him. Might be something to try and repeat.

If I were to do this experiment I would use my set up with my broadheads just to see the results as that is ultimately going to show the most forgiving set up imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is interesting. I’m gonna do some testing

WMag338

WKR
My arrows naturally spin right (clockwise). All my arrows are right helical.

Hillbilly

FNG
Left helical. Clear back to the mid 90's when I first started fletching. Not sure who turned me onto testing how arrows clocked out of a bow, but I always test a new bow and they have always gone left. Just makes sense to me if that's the way it wants to naturally go then there is no reason to disrupt it.

Food for thought. There is a a bunch of money invested into rifling machinery for high end barrels to ensure rifling twist rate in a gun barrel is consistent/uniform end to end. To me, disrupting the rotation of a projectile just doesn't make sense. I'm not a scientist but it would seem that it would have to affect stability.

Right or left doesn't matter. Go with what your setup tells you.

Would also like to see a left bevel to test;)