Do you keep your vehicle clean?

ODB

WKR
I have to shake my head at those who seem to regard their car as different than their house, hunting gear, work tools, etc etc. are your houses, gun racks (and bows) also treated with the same disregard? Why?

I seem to remember a hell of a lot of threads on garage organization. Must not be any overlap here…

CCooper

WKR
I have to shake my head at those who seem to regard their car as different than their house, hunting gear, work tools, etc etc. are your houses, gun racks (and bows) also treated with the same disregard? Why?

I seem to remember a hell of a lot of threads on garage organization. Must not be any overlap here…
It seems linear with most people I know.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Power wash the mud off after hunting trips, then good wash 4+ times/year. Windshield always clean for glassing, Keep the trash cleaned up. I don't run carpet in my trucks, easy to keep clean.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
Nope-Trash gets thrown any when I get fuel and the floor mats gets dumped when enough gravel starts to pile up.

Outside gets washed once maybe twice a year.

ODB

WKR
Power wash the mud off after hunting trips, then good wash 4+ times/year. Windshield always clean for glassing, Keep the trash cleaned up. I don't run carpet in my trucks, easy to keep clean.
A sensible approach.

I will note that when I was in Kenya the trucks were always taken care of. And they got the living shit beat out of them out in the bush but not out of abuse - it’s just hard out there. Trash was emptied at every stop and when possible, the inside tidied and outside washed off. There is a practical benefit of keeping a truck clean.

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
Never any trash/garbage in mine. I hate that. BUT! bino's sunglasses' knives, ammo, waders, wader boots, hats gloves, lunch box, thermos, gun, fly rod and fishing pole. All on the front seat. Back has seats raised and two dogs and all their dog hair blowing around the truck. Summer dust, spilt coffee on the vinyl. Towing a horse trailer down dusty or muddy roads, no reason to wash it as I'll just be back doing the same thing within a week.

I try to wash it a couple times a year, but focus on cleaning it in the winter more often to keep the salt and such from rusting out the frame and body.

Weldor

WKR
Live on a dirt road cabin is on a dirt road also live in the desert where the wind blows everyday. Nothing but dust or mud on the occasional rain or snow. But I do wash my truck every now and again.

That’s why I bought waterproof neoprene seat covers, so I don’t have to be constantly cleaning up after my three dogs. In addition the back seat where the dogs ride has a rubberized canvas “bathtub” . They still leave enough sand to mix a yard of concrete once a year. They also leave their signature goobers and paw prints on the inside of the windows. I wash the exterior about bi-monthly, at the drive thru. The interior whenever I start to feel embarrassed about it.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Hunting dogs ride in kennels in the back of the truck (when I have bird dogs). I can't stand dog hair, slobber, mud, and smells in my trucks. I have lots of buddies who have dogs all over in their trucks and it doesn't bother me a bit. But, it's not happening in mine.

My wife does have a small dog and he has a sort of tray/basket thing that he rides in if he's in my truck. Then, I detail the inside as soon as I get home from the trip.

Clan it up after hunting season or in spring and maybe once more per year. Keep the inside clean. Its a tool not a show peice.

ChrisAU

WKR
I keep trash out of it but thats about it. I'm particular to a certain color because I loathe washing a car...

G9Lernr.jpg

OyGOU19.jpg

I dont. Probably take it through the carwash a few times a year. I should really vacuum the inside tho its getting pretty dirty lol

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
This is an area that I probably have a bit (maybe more?) of OCD about. I HATE when my truck is dirty, either inside or outside. I don’t mind getting it dirty, particularly during hunting season, but I wash it as soon as I can afterwards.

No trash stays in the truck, it comes out every time I stop. My girlfriend actually got me a mini battery vacuum to keep in there, I’ve become a fan of it.

Darryle

WKR
Bought my truck Nov 2020, unless the dealer runs it thru the wash, that's as close to being kept clean as it gets. I use it, it has scratches, dings and right now the Line-X hard cover is melted shut. It must not like the extreme heat.

I used to be one of those who washed, waxed and detailed my vehicles, no longer. It's a waste of time, effort and money.

I live in my truck. The passenger side is a receptacle for trash from on the rpad meals and snacks. It gets cleaned up everytime I fuel up. I wash it after I am on roads to get rid of salt or if I go west where there is knapweed and canadian thistle.

The back seat is storage for work equipment or supplies/ stealables until hunting season. It's a work and hunting truck- made for mud and horse shit.

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
Mine gets what I call a macro-cleaning most weekends, which is taking a trash bag out and picking up things as big as a candy wrapper and up. It gets a shop vac about every 3 or 4 months, and the exterior gets washed maybe twice a year.

I have two young kids (8 and 5). I found that adding one of those trash cans that straps on a seat back helps.

Westernduck

Lil-Rokslider
I’m usually very particular, except during hunting season, about keeping the underside and engine spotless. I do all my own maintenance and hate dealing with dirt falling on me