do you have hunting stickers on your truck/car?

boom

WKR
me..i dont. my strategy is to stay low-keyed. under the radar of would be thieves and anti-hunters.

as a hunter, my truck is gonna be the one most likely parked at some trail head over night or longer..i just cant see the logic of plastering hunting stickers all over..to me it says

1. look! i might have cool gear in my truck.
2. hey..i'm gonna be gone for several hours..or days even!

my friend just had his window smashed and they stole some knives and his GPS..he has stickers all over his truck...

discuss?

i hunt an Army corp engineer piece of property. hog hunting. we have to put up a placard showing our hunter number..hang it from our mirrors. i park next to hikers and mountain bikers..no placards on their vehicles...i'm thinking of not putting it up. some trucks are getting broken into..i've been lucky so far..knock on wood.

I have plenty on mine and have never had a problem.

9y3e4e8e.jpg

6uhete7u.jpg

I have none on my truck. I had to have a sticker with an ID number on it for a large deer lease that I used to be a member. The darn thing is really on there and I cant get it off by picking at it. I have not tried Goo Gone or any other removal agents.

^^opps..

that thread happened while i was bowhunting AZ..sorry i missed it :)

I don't think having stickers on your vehicle will make you a bigger target of thieves at trailheads. In my experience they seem to be fairly equal opportunity irregardless of what you've got on your windows. It amazes me how many hikers leave their wallets/purses sitting in their glove box or under their seat. Also not a great idea to leave your garage door remote in the car you drive to the trailhead as I've known a number of victims houses get burglarized this way while they are off hiking.

Mathews sticker on the bumper but it's old and will be coming off soon. No more stickers will be going on.

Nope... I work on a University campus, and have tons of hypocrites who think that killing animals is murder, and that they are doing some favor to the world by vandalizing someone else's property to send a message. I would just as soon they walk past my car and target someone else's, who has bigger target indicators.

Not the most charitable attitude, but probably the most realistic on a day to day basis.

pat

Back