Do you feel the edge?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
At work I do but it’s always been that way to some degree.

Def. at work.
Just had 2 people retire, another next month.
And they're not gonna hire anybody to fill the positions.
Guess who gets the xtra work?

GoBirds

FNG
I do feel like people in general have gotten worse at treating each other with respect and decency. Especially if strangers or anonymous. I also see it everyday, several times a day, way more than I used to, when driving.

TaperPin

WKR
I really don’t like supposed “leaders” that have encouraged people to feel like victims, and to distrust anyone that doesn’t listen to their version of talk radio. I sure as hell don’t feel like a victim and if anyone in our family did we’d tell them to screw their head on straight. The economy is going great, jobs are everywhere, we’re pretty damned spoiled. Young guys might not remember how bad it was 15 years ago, or how bad the world took a hit with Covid. Inflation is from the economy coming back too well after a lot of pent up demand - anyone who thinks this is bad has a poor memory, and bad understanding of economics, or over reliance on NewsMax.

Stop feeling like victims people.

Yes, I TOTALLY feel the edge. After going 3 for 3 on elk tags in 3 different states since 2019 (bull elk at that), I returned in 2024 elkless after purchasing a ~$2,300 Wyoming special elk general tag. (Three years of preference points, don't come at me bro). The 300 extra tags they added to the West region apparently all dove into our unit during archery season. If I see another license plate tag from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, or Utah, I may stab you. No shit. And if you are the Washington guy we talked to at the trailhead, whom we TOLD YOU WHERE WE WERE GOING, and we called you in at 1:00PM the same day.. After you climbed 800ft of steep vert to us...Yeah, fk you.

But no. I never feel on edge while elk hunting. It is so relaxing and totally worth the sacrificial input. Can't wait throw a few grand in the ringer next year for a general tag!