Do you feel the edge?

Mojave

WKR
Are we talking about the onslaught of immigrants? This is why we are in Europe.

If they weren't 90% military aged males life we would be different.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
No I dont notice that at all in my little rural community. I do travel all over WV though for work, and was overnighting in a hotel that was in close proximity to DC, Baltimore, and an interstate that ran south. The Superintendent of the facility we were auditing told us that the exit we were staying on was notorious for people getting kidnapped for sex trafficking due to the proximity to the above listed places. So needless to say that put a few of us on edge, I was even more upset when I found out wal mart was out of poster board's , I couldn't make a "Pick Me!!" sign lol

Other than the "roaring" to the front, which is probably just what it seems like when you're backed up in the stop-and-go line of early-mergers, zipper-merging is the correct way to do that and is better for everyone than everyone trying to get in at once at the "lane closed in 1/4 mile" sign.

Zipper Merge
I'm talking about the a-holes that feel entitled to recklessly cut in front of you, or for some reason expect you to let them in, after they've revved past a dozen vehicles vs. signaling and patiently waiting to be let in the line. After they fly past me and then try to budge in at the last second, they do not get a pass from me. They can run into the sign or off the road for all I care. It's hard to miss the giant flashing arrows and signs for crying out loud.

I had a soccer mom with a brand new Suburban full of kids try this the other day, with one hand full of phone by the way, while merging on a treacherous on-ramp. Her lane ended and she came flying up to cut me off. I saw her personalized plate coming hard in my side mirror and knew what was up, so I matched her speed and did not let her in, and with her windows down she proceeded to cuss and scream and point, all while her mortified kids looked on. I didn't even look over, but my teenage daughter behind me did and simply laughed at the maniacal woman. I watched in the rear view, and she had to wait for at least a dozen cars to go by before she could merge over. Freaking idiots I tell you.

Other than the "roaring" to the front, which is probably just what it seems like when you're backed up in the stop-and-go line of early-mergers, zipper-merging is the correct way to do that and is better for everyone than everyone trying to get in at once at the "lane closed in 1/4 mile" sign.

Zipper Merge
yup. zipper merging gets more cars through faster. but, you can show people all of the data in the world and they will still think everyone is "cutting".

yup. zipper merging gets more cars through faster. but, you can show people all of the data in the world and they will still think everyone is "cutting".
I let people in when they are courteous and don't try to budge their way in at the last second. It doesn't take much to signal, wait for someone to let you in, and then give them a quick wave as a thank you. I do this all the time when needed and reciprocate as well. If you want to ram and jam and be reckless you can pound sand.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
I must live a sheltered life - never felt the "edge" anywhere that I've lived, and I never feel on edge myself. I get up each day and do my thing. I just refuse to let stupid shit bother me. Most people bring stress on themselves, and life doesn't seem normal to them unless they are in a total state of chaos all the time.

Poser

WKR
I don't feel the edge. Hopefully, the SxS culture that runs over this area all summer feel the edge, though. I'm throwing some serious edge their way.

I feel the "Edge" when all the tourists infiltrate the Gulf every April-Sept.
What causes people to lose their minds when they go to the beach?

I don't feel the edge. Hopefully, the SxS culture that runs over this area all summer feel the edge, though. I'm throwing some serious edge their way.
Ha! Keep throwing the edge their way. I live in unnamed town in Northern AZ that gets absolutely inundated with these yahoos. I'd say 90+% of them are from Phoenix and they think they own the place. Used to be only a month or two out of the year. Now it starts the second the FS roads open in spring and doesn't stop until mid fall.

Poser

WKR
Ha! Keep throwing the edge their way. I live in unnamed town in Northern AZ that gets absolutely inundated with these yahoos. I'd say 90+% of them are from Phoenix and they think they own the place. Used to be only a month or two out of the year. Now it's start the second the FS roads open in spring and doesn't stop until mid fall.

Yeah, same. Thankfully, our winters are so long that the roads don't open up until June and are often quite sketchy until the beginning of July, but the floodgates open then and its relentless through Sept. These are roads, actual county roads, not "trails"