Do you feel the edge?

2531usmc

WKR
I have noticed over the last few years the homeless people expanding into the rural and semi rural areas.

no disrespect, your post is a little contradicting, wouldn’t living in a city with one of the highest violent crime rates be a stupid situation?
It's mostly in areas I avoid. And almost all at night. So I don't go at night.

And I guess technically I don't even live there. I live a little outside town. But I work, eat, buy groceries, etc in it.

Last edited:

IdahoElk

WKR
Our valley with the help of the city councils and county commissioners has been turned into a sanctuary city. We have been flooded with migrants that have replaced a large number of service workers who were tax paying legal citizens, all in the name of low wages and higher profits(greed) for business owners.

Our schools are 60% hispanic, nobody speaks English, we have a housing shortage and the city is raising property taxes to pay for work force Housing, food and transportation for all these new people.
Throw in inflation, the corrupt government, the Fed collapsing the economy and this election

Yes I'm stressed and on edge! Thanks for letting me vent.

ODB

WKR
Our valley with the help of the city councils and county commissioners has been turned into a sanctuary city. We have been flooded with migrants that have replaced a large number of service workers who were tax paying legal citizens, all in the name of low wages and higher profits(greed) for business owners.

Our schools are 60% hispanic, nobody speaks English, we have a housing shortage and the city is raising property taxes to pay for work force Housing, food and transportation for all these new people.
Throw in inflation, the corrupt government, the Fed collapsing the economy and this election

Yes I'm stressed and on edge! Thanks for letting me vent.

What's going on in the WRV blows my mind. How does anyone pick one of the richest counties in the country as a destination for migrants? Where is the middle-class in the WRV? You have the uber-wealthy and the serfs...

I love the place still, but the changes i've seen in 25 years absolutely befuddle me. I was talking to a guy at Silver CReek Outfitters a while ago and he was saying they are putting low-income housing on MAIN STREET! And i can't even afford an effing airbnb (for the effing fees) to spend a long weekend versus having to drive back and forth from Boise!

To the OP's question: YES.
People are crazy.
Got to where I dont like to get
too far from the house.
This is exactly what the bastards want if you don’t go farther than you can travel say in 15 mins. You are easier to control, Ill be damned if I will let a bunch of illegals or democrats control my movement, I go where I want when I want and how I want, the secret here is if affronted by a crazy person you just get a bit crazier. One might be surprised how crazy one can get in the right situation. NEVER BE A SHEEP BE A SHEEPDOG.

BBob

WKR
I have noticed over the last few years the homeless people expanding into the rural and semi rural areas.
It used to be seasonal here (winter mostly) but they're here everywhere in all corners of the city all year round now. Under the underpasses, next to your house, all over the parks, you name it they'll squat on it until someone kicks them out. Openly hitting the pipe on the sidewalks, bike/walking paths, anywhere. Doing the fentanyl jig in the middle of the road.

Migrant drivers all over that don't know how to drive. How in the world did they pass the drivers tests? Probably didn't, just got signed off, well you know, because! And when they got their license they got registered to vote, legally or not. It's turned to shyte!!!

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
I think it’s all about how you present yourself, and If you aren’t from an area people figure it out quick.

I do a decent bit of traveling for work & fishing, and I’ve never once felt like I was being looked at anywhere in the South. Multiple states in the Northeast and California were a totally different story.

Conversely my buddy that I do the most traveling with has spent most of his life in big cities (NYC, Boston, Chicago). He’ll tell you folks up North are the friendliest, nicest people and that Southern hospitality and respect culture is a made up thing.

Well the minute I open my mouth you can guess what region of the country I’m from, he sounds like a mashup of yankee. I’m in boots and a ball cap everywhere I go, he’s dressed like a city kid. Our opinions match the regions we’ve spent the most time.

So are the people really different, or just acclimated to what’s normal to them and what isn’t? And if you don’t meet normal, you’ll probably draw attention.