Do you feel the edge?

OP
C
Since 2020, are you aware that A LOT of people working at cash registers (retail, grocery, c-stores…) have a bluetooth speaker in one ear and are often talking to someone on their phone while they ring you up?

They may not talk while waiting on you… but they are preoccupied by someone on the other end.
I didn't.

Interesting, I've been running all over town to get my stuff for my elk hunt, so I'm in an out of places and just notice the change more now. I can see how the Amazon stock could rise.

TSAMP

WKR
I have found over the last several years that the stuff I read about online is rarely if ever seen in my day to day life here in Iowa. The closest I've come is seeing pronouns start to show up in corporate emails signatures during my work day. Always from a coast or the Detroit region.

People are generally polite and nice.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I have found over the last several years that the stuff I read about online is rarely if ever seen in my day to day life here in Iowa. The closest I've come is seeing pronouns start to show up in corporate emails signatures during my work day. Always from a coast or the Detroit region.

People are generally polite and nice.
I was at the gym today and fairly confident a guy walked into the girls locker room. If she was a girl then I’m Oprah Winfrey.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Going off the Colorado thread. Question for guys from all parts of the country. Do you feel everyone is on edge in your town or city? In Colorado, no matter what store you go into, especially a small merchant, or large, such as a Walmart, liquor store, Ace Hardware etc, when you enter, you can "feel the eyes upon you".
I'm the one putting eyes on everyone before, while entering, while there, and after I leave an establishment. My situational awareness meter is always on. Always has been.

I live in a (very conservative) city with one of the highest violent crime rates in the country... And no.

I travel more than most (10-12 states and 3 other countries in the past year) and... Still no.

I pay attention to my surroundings, and don't put myself in stupid situations. Things don't seem any different than the past decade.

WA209

FNG
I live in a (very conservative) city with one of the highest violent crime rates in the country... And no.

I travel more than most (10-12 states and 3 other countries in the past year) and... Still no.

I pay attention to my surroundings, and don't put myself in stupid situations. Things don't seem any different than the past decade.
no disrespect, your post is a little contradicting, wouldn’t living in a city with one of the highest violent crime rates be a stupid situation?