do-it-all pant suggestions

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
I have Kuiu attacks, First lite somethings, but I wear G.H Bass pants I got from Costco for 20 dollars. They are like a hiker pant and are great. I dont hunt in camo just solids now. They are a lot like a hiker from REI. They are a great pant.
Got this same pair and they’re a great buy. I also got a pair of the Kuhl Resistor pants on sale at REI. They’re a step up from the Costco pants in fit and quality. I expect the Resistors to last longer but both have been great pants.

nobody

WKR
King's XKG ridge pant. I've got one pair I've been running since 2020, and they'll be used this season as well. They wear like iron, stretch and flex in all the right places, breathe well, water resistant, don't retain bloodstains, and work great from early to late season (with appropriate under layers). Just picked up one more pair this weekend, I'll never wear anything else in the backcountry.

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet...

Lowg08

WKR
I picked up a pair of the Corrugate Foundry last year. Wore them in temps from the low 80s in Sept to the low/mid teens in Nov chasing elk. Absolutely love them for western style hunting, but imo they are too noisy for stand hunting whitetails.
I wear them for bow hunting whitetail and I have not had any issue. If I could shoot better I’d have pictures of deer in them. My dad wore them last year too and killed a little buck in them at 25. He also killed one the year before in carhartt overalls at 40. He says you don’t move your legs enough to matter.

Look into the SG DeHavilland pants. They are tough and quiet. Although for Michigan winter cold I don't know that one pant will work for everything.

Ritzer81

FNG
As a fellow Michigander I am always on the lookout for similar do-it-all clothing. I have settled with SKRE gear and I couldn't be happier. I really like the new solid color Hardscrabble pants for getting out there.

manitou1

WKR
I have three pairs of the Kuiu Attack pants and find them awful hot in the summer for scouting and in early season. Great for a bit later.

Anybody tried the"Tru-werk" pants? They look very interesting and the price is about half of what the Attacks cost.

I have kuiu axis and attacks. They are ok. I still prefer my rei activator soft shell pants for most situations.

OP
Tjdeerslayer37

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
Attacks showed up today. Not as noisy as the pros but still not real happy with how loud they are rubbing together. These western companies sure dont cater to the stand guys lol. ill probably keep them and hope they get better after some washes.

Wrangler tech pants - that skinny fit means they are quieter since less loose fabric to rub against itself. They come in drab colors and sometimes camo and mine have been pretty tough and long-lasting which is awesome for the approx $25 I paid for a pair a couple years back.

I see that the Eddie Bauer Guide pants now come in camo but also still in drab colors if you don't like camo. I have a bunch of those - first thing I do is remove the button and replace that with a jean-style metal button (I keep a bunch on hand for fixing pants, they are pretty handy and stay on unlike sew on buttons). Also, I remove the velcro from the back pockets. They do have a newer version that is essentially soft shell with a trim fit.

Whitetails in the Midwest? I would stay with wool pants late season - just the lack of noise plus I find them comfy.

LeoX

FNG
Attack pants are my favorite all-around hunting pants - own 4 pair of them. But I use them for western hunting, turkey hunting and early season deer hunting (much of October). Once it starts getting cold they will not keep you warm enough for treestand hunting. I then switch to Sitka Stratus pants.

A lot of love for the attacks and I love them too, but I have used several pair and they are just not that durable. Seems like any thick stuff or brush really creates runs and pulls in the pants. MY prana pants have been way more durable, but again that's due to prana being nylon fabric and attacks being polyester.

ShootOkHuntWorse

Lil-Rokslider
Wranglers from Walmart. $25 add a base layer or bibs depending on weather.
Same. I’m up to 3 pairs of them. I always just pack a very thin merino bottom and they dry insanely fast. I have sitkas but these seem better.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Same. I’m up to 3 pairs of them. I always just pack a very thin merino bottom and they dry insanely fast. I have sitkas but these seem better.
I haven't had a pair of the wranglers last longer than a few months. Have Prana Zions that are going on 8 years old and not even a hole in them and I wear them daily. Sure haven't ever had pockets come completely off of them or seams come undone like the wranglers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk