Digiscoping???

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I use the same setup as Bitterroot Bulls and it works great! Only I use mine with a Canon ELPH 300 HS I think it is...

shanevg

WKR
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/844356-REG/Meopta_540810_MeoPix_iScoping_Adapter.html

Looks like you can pre-order the iScoping adapter now. That one would be preferable to me since I pack my Lumix with an 18x zoom around and I wouldn't want to pack two cameras. I already have my iPhone so this would just be adding to the iPhone. It says it can fit any 42-47mm eyepiece - any one have any idea the standard size eye piece for a Swaro spotter?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I am working on my poor man's digiscoping setup right now.

For my backpack hunts I glass with a Slik Sprint Mini and a Jim White head set up to accept my Duovids or spotter. I happened into an incredible deal in the Bargain Cave at Cabelas on this Monfretto tripod and RC322 head. After my Colorado Bighorn hunt, I saw there were places a large tripod would be of great use and someday I will draw a Desert sheep tag, so this will come in handy...

I wanted to make a set up so I could glass with the binos and immediately move my head to the spotter to get a better look. This is my first blush. I am sue there will be additional tweaks.

2522881b.jpg

33e5c428.jpg

7e6e99f8.jpg

I am working on a pvc adapter and some old camera filters to make a tines up style adapter for a little Nikon to do the digiscoping. Will add pics when that gets done.

Last edited:

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/844356-REG/Meopta_540810_MeoPix_iScoping_Adapter.html

Looks like you can pre-order the iScoping adapter now. That one would be preferable to me since I pack my Lumix with an 18x zoom around and I wouldn't want to pack two cameras. I already have my iPhone so this would just be adding to the iPhone. It says it can fit any 42-47mm eyepiece - any one have any idea the standard size eye piece for a Swaro spotter?

The swaro is much bigger. It is around 2.25? I am making a case for my iPhone similar. I will post pics when it's completed. Same concept only alot cheaper and fits a swaro! Win win

Gznokes

Lil-Rokslider
I'm using a Swarovski ats 65 mm w the Sony s100 zeiss adaptor and Swarovski dca. That zeiss adaptor is great.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah Bob, I have that covered...got the Outdoorsmans adapter ring for the new Victory's that hooks into the Jim White base plate so the 8x32 Ultravids, the 10 x 42 Victory, the 10-15 Duovids and the spotter are all interchangable on the Slik or the Bogen. Was just working with what I had at the time.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Steve O, Just an FYI, you can buy another QD adapter that will bolt right on RC322 at the spot your ball head is screwed to. Then you don't have to pack the extra weight of the ball head or screw with another moving part to get things lined up. You have to skew your spotter a little on it's QD plate to get them lined up, but once it's set, you're in business. I think the Quick Release plate is about $17 bucks and comes with another QD plate. -Coop
attachment.php

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
That panorama is really neat. I think I'm going to have to give digiscoping a shot as soon as my new Vortex shows up.

garrenj

FNG

Shane, was wondering if you have tried this out yet. Or anyone else for that matter. It looks pretty interesting.