Did you miss an animal this year?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Not this year, about 20 years ago I had my most embarrassing time in the woods. This was back when I wasn't very picky about what I'd shoot, and at the same time, was a decent shot with a bow. I shot different 3-D courses just about every weekend during the summer.

Anyway, a spike stepped out in front of me at 23 yards. I missed, sailed it over his back. Long story short, over the next hour I missed him 5 more times from 12-27 yards. 😅 I sat down in my treestand, out of arrows, and when he came back again at 10 yards, I debated pulling my pistol!!
I'm guessing he would not have been overly concerned had you pulled it out. Just saying. :)

I missed a mule deer at 304. Went over top, not sure what happened to this day. Hiked out changed guns. Luckily found him and my number 2 buck again that afternoon and killed him at 218.
Checked gun next day and it was fine. First rifle miss in along time.
Weird year, but it’s about to be freezer season so will be getting WT tail tags knocked out

Last edited:
I missed a nice gobbler this spring that I worked hard for and outsmarted. I killed a couple but it’s the one the miss juts eats away at you all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
Didn't miss this year but last year I missed the biggest bull I have ever personally seen in my life (and likely the biggest I will ever see) with a recurve at 30 yds. For some reason I wasnt even upset, just an encounter with an animal of that class was enough. He bested me.

It’s been a long long time since I’ve missed clean. I always hit them . If you think about it, a clean miss is a bad shot and a breakdown really.

I arrowed seven animals this year. Couple got shot twice, but no misses.

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
See post #67.
🤣🤣

Yeah...it happens. Especially in the heat of the moment.

I had ranged him at one point during our bellycrawl towards him, & put him at 367. Between that point, & when I took the shot, we had moved forward several (a lot of) painful yards, & he had moved TOWARDS us I'm guessing 20 yards or more...
I'm guessing he was closer to 275, but was told & dialed out to 370 for the shot (I am decent out to 400). Went over him. :/
In the end, I got him anyway, but was bummed it turned into a bit of a rodeo.

I'll be ranging my own from now on, I think.