Did anyone go to the awesome Concerts in Boise area this weekend?

IDShane

WKR
My wife and I went to back to back concerts this weekend and they were awesome. We went to Alice in Chains on Friday night and Tool on Saturday. Did anyone else go? I have really never gone to any concerts in the past (not too crazy about crowds) but I will definitely be going to more in the future. Next time I will remember ear plugs damn that was loud for an old man...

ODB

WKR
My daughter really wanted to go to both but things just didn’t work out due to various reasons. I looked up AICs set list and it was stellar. She has just gotten into Tool. She thinks Hooker with a Penis is hilarious.

OP
IDShane

IDShane

WKR
They were both awesome if you have the chance to go you have to. I have a friend that attends a ton of concerts and his words were.."You have now experienced the greatest live show on the planet".

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Is Alice In Chains any good without layne Staley? I guess I havnt listened to anything “new” of theirs for 20+ years now.

My wife and I went to back to back concerts this weekend and they were awesome. We went to Alice in Chains on Friday night and Tool on Saturday. Did anyone else go? I have really never gone to any concerts in the past (not too crazy about crowds) but I will definitely be going to more in the future. Next time I will remember ear plugs damn that was loud for an old man...
There have been some good shows blow through the Treasure Valley this year.

OP
IDShane

IDShane

WKR
First and foremost there will never be anyone like Layne to me. That said I think the new guy does a pretty good job and they have 3 albums with the new guy and they have been pretty good. It might be worth checking into. I think Jerry Cantrell is just an awesome musician if you look at his Wikipedia it is like 5 pages long he is a busy guy.

I saw clips of Billy Strings hopping on stage with tool this weekend. Was this the show? That would’ve been worth the trip alone! Saw a few clips and the dude ripped!

First and foremost there will never be anyone like Layne to me. That said I think the new guy does a pretty good job and they have 3 albums with the new guy and they have been pretty good. It might be worth checking into. I think Jerry Cantrell is just an awesome musician if you look at his Wikipedia it is like 5 pages long he is a busy guy.
He is one of my favorite guitarists. Layne was a helluva vocalist but Jerry's backing vocals really sealed the deal. If you haven't seen the old MTV Cribs with Jerry on it, I highly encourage it. AIC had the Wilson sisters backing on quite a few songs and they are top notch.

OP
IDShane

IDShane

WKR
He is one of my favorite guitarists. Layne was a helluva vocalist but Jerry's backing vocals really sealed the deal. If you haven't seen the old MTV Cribs with Jerry on it, I highly encourage it. AIC had the Wilson sisters backing on quite a few songs and they are top notch.
Agreed. I just cannot get over Layne's haunting voice. The 2 together were nothing short of awesome. They were by far my favorites that came from that Seattle scene.