Defund the Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldGrayJB

WKR
The Brooks case is going to get political. Atl Mayor Bottoms is on Biden's short list for VP candidates. She basically said the shooting was justified but "there's a clear destinction between what we can do and what we should do." Then she fired the cop.

Fulton Co DA is considering charges against both cops. He's up for reelection this year and just came in second in the Dem primary. Heading into a runoff, I'm sure he's thinking about how this will effect him at the polls.

Nutsknr

FNG
Say he did run away. They just let a guy who had now proven he’d fight arrest, and they let him get to his house. What’s the odds of him having a gun there? We are talking about a guy with so little concern for human life that he drove through town so drunk he passed out in a drive through.

He’s proven he will run, what if he grabs another care to run, drunk as hell?

Further. Then what? Now we are fine with child molesters just running off? Domestic abusers? How about rapists? If they struggle just let them run off?

The cops treated the guy respectfully. They were professional. The guy escalated the situation, so at that point they should step down? That’s the new standard? Forget judges and courts, just fight it out on the street?

Followed by a GUTLESS, DISGRACE, chief that then runs away

Nutsknr

FNG
So if someone is running away from the cops with a non-lethal weapon the logical option is to just gun them down because there is a very small chance they might do something bad?

Checks out...

He drove a 3000 lb vehicle through town so drunk he passed out in the drive through. So his chance of doing something bad was 100% based on his history that day.

They teach in school that the police are waging war against blacks.
What schools are you talking about? Please be specific.

I marched in Houston but my marching had nothing to do with the BLM organization. It had everything to do with reforming the police. Why? Because I was "the police" and my son is now "the police" and the system needs to be reformed to prevent a**holes from wearing the badge and hurting people - regardless of their criminal record.

Do you know what that's called? That's called PROTECTING THE BADGE from scum who aren't fit to wear it. That's what that's called.

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
The budget for Chicago PD for 2020 is 1.8 Billion (with a B) give or take. There are 13,500 employees. Do the math and just imagine what sort of inefficient bullshit is going on with all that money. The budget for Chicago Public schools is 125 million (with an M), by the way, maybe if all these kids were getting awesome educations and there were great after school extracurricular activities after school there wouldn’t be a need for a 1.8 BILLION dollar budget for cops. Defund the Police sounds a lot more radical than it is.

To paraphrase Korean Conflict hero Captain Benjamin Franklin Pierce, your testimony as to the Chicago Public Schools budget is to say the least fascinating. It’s to say the most perjury.

CPS annual 2020 budget (available on cps.edu) is just south of $6 BILLION and that’s with a B. Your CPD number is close enough to call right, however you missed CPS by a factor of over 40.

Does that impact your position at all?

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Say Brooks “got away”. Ran off and the cops didn’t pursue him. They have his car, know who he is, have him on video, and the breathalyzer test.

Without him being arrested, would he simply just have to get his car out of hock? End of story?

Interesting because Virginia Delegate Chris Hurst blew over the legal limit and the cop just let the passenger drive. I suppose when Congress is in session, drinking and driving is OK.

And there’s your white privilege.......

Say he didn't fight the cops, steal a taser and then shoot it at the pursuing officer. White and black people get arrested for DUI every day, hundreds of them, they go to jail, get released, and move on with life....the difference is they don't fight the police, steal one of their weapons and try to use it against them.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
So if someone is running away from the cops with a non-lethal weapon the logical option is to just gun them down because there is a very small chance they might do something bad?

Checks out...

The week prior the mayor of Atlanta called tasers lethal weapons when firing officers for tasing college kids who refused to exit a car....which is it? Lethal then but not lethal now?

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Well if we’re going to what if, what if he carjacked Another vehicle in the drive-through with the taser he stolen off the police officer and then leads the police on a pursuit until he’s driving the wrong way down the highway and slams headfirst into a family who just heading home from getting ice cream.

I have a feeling if the family was white no one would care and they would be told to check theIt privilege. If it was a black family then the police would be blamed again for pursuing a man that was just “passed out in the drive-through”.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas.

The whole problem with the BLM movement is they try to make every police killing of a black person a racist incident. Floyd was terrible, those cops were wrong and will get what is coming to them, but Brooks is not, neither was Michael Brown, but riots and looting will happen anyway. Now they are trying to turn a suicide by hanging into a lynching just to inflame things more. If you want credibility for your movement, call it like it is. Not every death of a black person is a racist incident. Some will be, and should be dealt with as harshly as possible, but most won't be.

Kilboars

WKR
If they want a revolution we're going to have to close down our shops for a while and stay home from work and bring it to them.

I'd say start with the leftist media. Their either with us or against us.

16Bore

WKR
Shooting someone in the back as he is running away is indefensible, but easy to armchair quarterback by watching a video.

I think K-9 would solve a lot of these confrontations.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
the law specifically states that you have to judge the officer through what they perceived in the moment. No Monday morning QB. Even so, I wouldn’t want to be that ATL officer right now because his shoot isn’t squeaky clean.

There are many situations where shooting someone in the back is fine. Life isn’t a 50’s cowboy TV episode. If you watch enough videos of a street shooting you notice that there is constantly a lot of movement going on. To be fair, the dude wasn’t JUST running away. It’s more complicated than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
Yes, because what the “law” says really f’n matters now. There’s 6 blocks of Seattle that say otherwise and a whole slew of burned up shit to boot. Where are the “laws”?

The fact that you suggest there’s “enough street shooting” videos to “learn” from probably explains how things got here.

There are instances where shooting a fleeing felon is (or at least was as I learned it) a legit shoot. There are also times when it's in the interest of public safety to stop a chase, and pick the person up later when it's more likely that nobody else will be hurt.

If they want a revolution we're going to have to close down our shops for a while and stay home from work and bring it to them.

I'd say start with the leftist media. Their either with us or against us.
"they?"

Kilboars

WKR
There are instances where shooting a fleeing felon is (or at least was as I learned it) a legit shoot. There are also times when it's in the interest of public safety to stop a chase, and pick the person up later when it's more likely that nobody else will be hurt.

"they?"

looters, leftist, Anti-Americans...

RyanT26

WKR
Shooting someone in the back as he is running away is indefensible, but easy to armchair quarterback by watching a video.

I think K-9 would solve a lot of these confrontations.

So your response to limit also officer involved shootings is for every officer that K9. I’ll help you with that headline.

Police officer and police dog maul African-American man who passed out “fell asleep “in the drive-through.

slick

WKR
Brooks shouldn’t have resisted, nor stolen a weapon, nor fled... but he did.

A few dog bites is better than a couple bullet holes in your back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, because what the “law” says really f’n matters now. There’s 6 blocks of Seattle that say otherwise and a whole slew of burned up shit to boot. Where are the “laws”?

Edited to remove worthless argument.

You got me. I stand corrected and will go back to hunting content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.