Deer Rock Knives

All these knife threads be going on here and there hasn't been a thread dedicated to Deer Rock yet so I'm starting one. I found out about them from the knive pron thread we have going.

When I asked @Slalomnorth if he had any ready to ship he said "I'm about a year out but can save you spot in line" . So i jumped in line. He didn't even require a deposit, which was pretty cool. I hit him up several times over the last year just to see how close I was getting to the front of the line. He said he might be able to get me squeezed in before hunting season. Well he squeezed me in and got a belt knife produced and delivered to me yesterday. Magnacut steel. .08 thick.. which is really thin for a fixed blade, but dang this thing is a lightweight. I almost feel like i should have asked for g10 scales instead of micarta to put some more weight into this thing(not complaining) . The knife came with a a little info card thats pretty helpful to give you a mental guideline on your blade. With the .08 thickness he gave the cutting edge a 17 degree grind at 1500 grit to put some durability in it. Came shaving sharp.. not just arm hair but facial hair shaving sharp. If I wasn't so busy at home packing up my trailer for ID I'd have probably tried to shave my neck with it. I'll be in the woods the next couple of weeks so it'll get used and I'll get to compare it to the MKC Jackstone since that is coming along as well.

Attachments

• deer rock 1.jpg
    deer rock 1.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 48
  • deer rock2.jpg
    deer rock2.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 48

AM3

FNG
Nice knife! I too put my name on his list in October for a belt knife. Doesn't appear I'll have it for a 15 day moose hunt coming up at the end of month, but excited to get it none the less.