Deciding what riflescope...

Ice_man

FNG
Hey everybody,

Currently in between riflescopes and having a hard time deciding which one I want to get. Each scope is right about that $1000 mark and have a decent reputation. Curious to hear your thoughts and if any of you have experience with one of these scopes. Mounting it on a 6.5 prc Springfield Waypoint, so moderate recoil but I do dial a lot on my rifles so trackablility is very important. I also don't abuse my guns but sometimes things happen and would like to have a piece of mind if it tips over while the gun is leaning against something/bouncing around in the truck. The scopes i'm looking at are:

Tract Toric UHD 2.5-15x44
Ziess v4 conquest v4 4-16x50
Maven RS.5 4-24x50
Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42

Weight semi matters as I do backcountry a lot with my rifle and would like to keep it as light as possible. I have also read a lot of the forums about drop tests and have read a lot of the scope bashing as well. What i'm looking for is people that have actually used any of these scopes and why they love/hate them. Thanks!

Ucsdryder

WKR
I think you could really learn A LOT by spending a few hours reading through the numerous threads on here. Scope might be the most talked about piece of gear on rokslide over the last year. You’ll see a plethora of opinions and a lot of guys are putting a very heavy emphasis on durability, basically that’s all that matters. I think they’ve worn me down and durability is now one of my main concerns, but weight, zero stop, glass quality, and objective size are all still important to me. That being said, I don’t think the perfect scope exists.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Might want to jump on the trijicon sale at euro optic. I grabbed a trijicon tenmile hx 3-18x50 for about a thousand dollars off and the credo 4-16x50 is like 599.00 right now.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Zeiss, NF, Meopta, GPO, Athlon and Sightron have excellent offerings. As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments

mpk1996

FNG
I would look at a vortex razor lhr 4.5-22. try picking up one used. they are in the 11-1200 dollar range then. good reticle. light enough.

if you want to go a little heavier, the leupold mk5 5-25 or 3.6-18 are really solid choices as well.

I shoot a LOT of PRS so i get spoiled with optics. I can't stand poor optics clarity. Id rather pack in a 30oz scope than give that up. I could make or break a hunt being able to pick up an animal in a shadow or tucked in somewhere.

I think you could really learn A LOT by spending a few hours reading through the numerous threads on here. Scope might be the most talked about piece of gear on rokslide over the last year. You’ll see a plethora of opinions and a lot of guys are putting a very heavy emphasis on durability, basically that’s all that matters. I think they’ve worn me down and durability is now one of my main concerns, but weight, zero stop, glass quality, and objective size are all still important to me. That being said, I don’t think the perfect scope exists.
This.
As said many times, for a hunting scope, FOV and immediate target acquisition are very important.
I wouldn't own a hunting scope that didn't adjust down to 3X or lower.
Also, I strongly prefer a SFP scope for hunting....Thick crosshairs are your friend when it's urgent.
I just bought a Meopta Meosport R 3-15x50 CameraLandNY.

OP
I

Ice_man

FNG
Thanks guys for the recommendation. I think imma snag the trijicon Credo HX from eurooptic this week. $700 for the 4-16x50 is pretty hard to beat. I have been reading that some people don't like how thin the reticle is in them. Anybody have a problem with that?