Decent reasoable priced Broadhead Target?

I shoot my 18-1 at 60m all the time and have no problems with the size of the target, in fact my favorite way to practice is shooting my 3D foam rabbit at 60m
It places more pressure on you to make a good shot, and make it count.

The 18-1 has been great but for practice and tuning i like a black target with high contrasting dots. I paint a couple sides black and put a square of masking tape on to aim at.

trdhunter

WKR
I have had good luck with 18-1. Never had issues with residue but field tips can be a pain with new target or new side.

MattB

WKR
The Rinehart 18-1 is a great broadhead target. I have had 2 and never experienced any residue issues whatsoever.

mt100gr.

WKR
My 18-1 is holding up better than my two block black targets. It's also 2 years older. I usually set them at various yardage and try to shoot them all....to spread out the carnage. Once you start slicing hit after hit in tight groups, long slivers of foam are inevitable. I have not seen any residue from theme Rinehart. Just some smeared green paint. The blocks definitely soften up much faster than the Rinehart and they cost more...

I set mine on a straw bale to get it up off the ground a bit and "tack" it down with wooden stakes as tight as I can get em along the sides. I used to ratchet strap it to the bale but a pulled shot or two can ruin ratchet straps pretty quickly. The way the short sides are cut for the smaller aiming points makes it pretty easy to lock it down with 4 stakes....this would work on the ground too. Anything past 50 or 60 yards I shred my block targets. Anything under, I work on the Rinehart.

hntnnut

Lil-Rokslider
another 18-1 fan here, and have not had any of the problems mentioned. years ago I had a old morel block target that lasted alright but still didn't last as long as my 18-1 has. oh and stay far away from block targets if you want to shoot broadheads.

Richard

rinehart-5.JPG

I've had a new Block black for about two months and it's already about shot out. I put a lot of arrows on it but still pretty shitty, the 18-1 is good but it's small, won't be shooting much past 60 with that one

You've got to be kidding, right? You don't shoot your 18-1 past 60? For a guy that can stack them touching at 40 and you are worried about hitting this past 60? :) I suck and I shoot this thing at 100! Sure I pull one every now and then and have to dig it out of the backstop but it puts added pressure to make a good shot. I like pressure.

I have had mine going on 2, maybe 3 years I think but haven't put a lot of broadheads in it. Was shooting BHs at my 3D core but starting to put broadheads into the 18-1 now. I love this target. Yes, some carbon arrows with field points can be tough to pull until the thing loosens up a bit. Helps if the target is warm also. I find that 10 mins at 350 degree oven temp works well or 60 seconds in the microwave. Haha. Speed of your arrows affect it also. Faster = more melting affect I think. The nickel plated Field points help ease of pulling. FMJs pull out like butta! Never any residue but a little melting can occur so maybe that's the residue you refer to. Always rubs off easy for me with my hands when I shoot carbons. No problem with FMJs.

Would buy another one in a heartbeat!