Daytime use of Thermal Monoculars/Cameras legal in your area?

Mojave

WKR
The last year I had a New Mexico tag 2022, I asked a game warden about using a thermal camera during the daytime to help find game. He said it was legal as long as it wasn't at night.

Here in Germany, it is 100% commonplace, and normal. I am not sure how long this trend will continue but using it for a wounded animal is considered to be pretty much mandatory if you don't have a tracking dog available.

I was shocked by how wide spread the thermal monculars/binoculars/cameras are here. I don't actually know a single hunter that doesn't have one.

It is not legal to night hunt for any species other than wild boar and predators. Their use in deciphering game from rocks during daytime is incredible.

They are pretty much illegal in most states.. there are very few that have not outlawed them yet.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
I don't know what the law is today, but the Game Warden was adamant in New Mexico that I could use it during the day time.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Here in Europe, their use for all hunting is super wide spread.

Fireflyfishing

Lil-Rokslider
Anything electronic is a no no for most big game hunting in the western states. Predator hunting is a different story but different state by state.