New to thermal - basic questions

OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
It was $2k-$2.5k mostly. Maybe I misread your budget somewhere.

No, you got my budget right.

Maybe my Google skills aren’t strong today, but I’m seeing a lot of $3500-4000 and “out of stock” or “discontinued.”

Are you talking used units?

They were new. I bought one for $2400ish. I used it with a 2.5-10 NXS. 10x was a little high. But I used it up to 10x anyway and killed out to 415 yards with it.

Doing a coyote tourney with multiple hunters makes it nice to use a clip on. If you got 3 guys plus gear in the truck that’s 6 weapons. Makes it crowded. With a clip on it gets a lot less crowded cutting the rifle number in half.

OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
They were new. I bought one for $2400ish. I used it with a 2.5-10 NXS. 10x was a little high. But I used it up to 10x anyway and killed out to 415 yards with it.

Doing a coyote tourney with multiple hunters makes it nice to use a clip on. If you got 3 guys plus gear in the truck that’s 6 weapons. Makes it crowded. With a clip on it gets a lot less crowded cutting the rifle number in half.

Yeah, that sounds perfect. Same scope I use (I have two). Ill look around some more and see what I can find. Thanks!

kkp005

WKR
Like others have said, call Jason at outdoorlegacy. Super nice and full of knowledge without being pushy.
If you could somehow up the budget to 3k there’s nothing that competes with Iray rh35 640… it’s currently 2k off and one hell of a steal .