Day 6 dragonfly

Have not seen much mentioned about this knife, but it’s very intriguing to me. Anyone here used one?

It seems like my solution to get away from replaceable blade knives for primary work in the field without bringing multiple knives.

I have not used a knife that will stay sharp through a whole elk, my altitude could get through one, but it would be getting pretty dull (already tested this theory a few times) I will probably always carry my tyto with a couple blades, but would like to get away from using them… the dragonfly looks like a pretty solid option

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
That's a clever idea that seems well designed. I'm interested! Looking forward to hearing feedback from anyone with experience using this.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

OP
roosiebull
That's a clever idea that seems well designed. I'm interested! Looking forward to hearing feedback from anyone with experience using this.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
I’m surprised it hasn’t been talked about much here, seems almost like the perfect knife. I admittedly don’t know much about magnacut, but it sounds like a great steel for the application.

I may be one of the few who doesn’t like s90v for a hunting knife for several reasons, and it seems that magnacut seems like a better version, especially in this particular case

OP
roosiebull
Ingenious idea and well executed. My interest in low due to the cost.
I hear ya there, but if it is what it seems, it will be a good investment. (First step of justification 😏)

I don’t remember what I paid for the altitude, but it wasn’t a whole lot less and this knife looks far more useful

bpurtz

WKR
No experience with the Dragonfly, but I'm curious why you would want to get away from a replaceable blade knife? I went through a couple Benchmade fixed blade knives before finally going back to a Havalon.

OP
roosiebull
No experience with the Dragonfly, but I'm curious why you would want to get away from a replaceable blade knife? I went through a couple Benchmade fixed blade knives before finally going back to a Havalon.
I just think they are more dangerous, and don’t know exactly why, about everyone I know who has used them a lot has cut themselves with them… a couple bad ones. I have had a couple close calls with bad cuts with them, but try to really pay attention because I’m almost always alone and can’t really afford to cut myself bad

I have used them almost exclusively the past 12-15 years and have not had any bad experiences, and they are extremely convenient, but they do have their quirks

I have also tried lots of knives and always come back, but the day 6 seems like a legit replacement with no downside besides initial cost

I just think they are more dangerous, and don’t know exactly why, about everyone I know who has used them a lot has cut themselves with them… a couple bad ones. I have had a couple close calls with bad cuts with them, but try to really pay attention because I’m almost always alone and can’t really afford to cut myself bad

I have used them almost exclusively the past 12-15 years and have not had any bad experiences, and they are extremely convenient, but they do have their quirks

I have also tried lots of knives and always come back, but the day 6 seems like a legit replacement with no downside besides initial cost
I'm one of the guys who cut themselves pretty bad with a Havalon. I was in a hurry and got careless, it was 100% my fault. I still use the same knife to this day and dozens of critters have been taken apart with it over the years.

I think it's time we quit blaming the tool for our mistakes.

I’m with ya there, and agree

It just seems to happen at a much higher rate with the havalon type knives.
You're right. I'm not sure if folks get careless because it's such a small blade?

I'm of the opinion that 96.4% of folks who cut themselves with a havalon would have cut themselves with any other sharp knife, myself included, given the exact same circumstances. Replaceable blade knives don't just jump out of the kill kit and hurt people.