Dave Ramsey has a new podcast out-it's titled "Stay off the Rokslide gear deals forum"

my wife and I did it when we got married. He is for money what AA is for drunks and what Weight Watchers is for obesity. He super simplifies things for those who have no self control. It's not that it won't work, but its for those who cannot do moderation.

His program did put my wife and I on the same page, and we attacked school debt, a car loan, and the down payment for our house. By the time kids came along we were able to make decisions based on what our family needed, not what was in the bank account. Don't vilify the guy. He's offering a great solution... for those who cannot reliably make good financial decisions.
I don't think I am necessarily vilifying him, that is just my two cents. For a fact he went bankrupt and now is preaching extremely conservative financial advice, and tends to vilify those who disagree (in my opinion). From the outside looking in that is what I see. Also, I think those who take good stuff out of it are better for it, like in your situation.

TN2shot07

WKR
I posted it in another DR thread a couple years ago.

Daves advice is not to make you money, You will not get rich on Daves advice but if you follow it, you will be comfortable.

That seems like a stretch. If the average American family had no debt and invested 15% of their income over a working lifetime you’re retiring a millionaire. That’s wealthy by any normal standard.

Are there ways to make more money for people with a higher risk tolerance? Sure! His plan is still getting people into a solid retirement and most likely leaving their family in a pretty good spot, too.