Danner Pronghorn

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a pair of Chinese Pronghorns with 400g Thinsulate for over 5 years now. These are my go-to boots for any kind of cold or wet weather. I wear them just about every weekend and they have been on my feet for every hunt whether it be back country or upland. they are not perfect, but they are lightweight, completely waterproof and have worn very very well. I was a bit apprehensive when I first bought them because of the made in China label, but given that I got them for half off and at the time, they were the lightest most comfortable boots I had tried on, it was a no brainer purchase and I'm glad I made it every time I put them on. I did have to replace the insoles when I first got them, simply because I didn't like the ones that they came with. Other than that, I spray them down with WD40 once or twice a year. I have weak ankles (broken both of them twice!) and they have given me very good ankle support. I'm not afraid of any terrain with these boots.

I'm not sure what I would replace them with when they finally do give up life. The new Pronghorns at Cabelas don't seem to fit me as well. You need to try on a few different pairs and see what fits. When I was shopping for boots a while ago, I found the various amounts of insulation changes the fit ever so slightly, so try a few insulation levels of the same boot. I don't like having lots of insulation and found the 400g gave me the best fit/weight combo. I add extra socks if I'm going to be sedentary in super cold weather.

IMG_0201.JPG