Dall Sheep Spotting scope choice/opinion

So I will be on a horseback sheep hunt with spike camping. My question to you all is I have 2 scopes to choose to bring:
Leupold Gold Ring 15-30x50mm (super light weight)!!
Zeiss Conquest 30-60x85. (like an extra human leg)
I mount them to a Vortex Carbon tripod.
Which you all think is worthy?
I love the Zeiss for clarity off in the distance. It would allow me to use my phone for scenery pics/animals from a distance.
Leupold is straight up super light.
I train now every day carrying my pack weight thinking I am carrying the big Zeiss. So weight is not too big a factor...or I say this now and could think different after my hunt.
Thank you all for any "pro sheep hunters" experience/opinions.

I have probably the least experience of anyone in the sheep forum, but I can't help but participate in the threads because of sheep fever. I took no spotter on my dall hunt, and swore never to do that again. I took a Kowa 554 15-45X (similar to your Leupold specs) on my stone hunt, and it was pretty good when sunny, but I ended up looking through my guides' Swaro 80s when it mattered most. Take the Zeiss.

as.ks.ak

WKR
Lose a few more lbs around the middle over the coming months and carry those lbs on your back instead. You’ll never regret having too much glass. It’s like getting an extra case of beer, if there’s some left over you ain’t mad about it. God forbid you run out and need more though. SOS.

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
I doubt you would ever regret having too much scope on a sheep hunt. Having horses are a great luxury
so you won’t be lugging the scope around all of the time. I have found my alpha glass was of better quality than what the guides were packing on several hunts . On the spike outs or day hunts the guide packed my glass if you are on a guided sheep hunt. Unless you are on top of the sheep we have found that extra bit of magnification, extra light, and larger field of view can really help age the sheep and or determine if he is a legal ram. Where are you hunting?

OP
ricknhunter
I doubt you would ever regret having too much scope on a sheep hunt. Having horses are a great luxury
so you won’t be lugging the scope around all of the time. I have found my alpha glass was of better quality than what the guides were packing on several hunts . On the spike outs or day hunts the guide packed my glass if you are on a guided sheep hunt. Unless you are on top of the sheep we have found that extra bit of magnification, extra light, and larger field of view can really help age the sheep and or determine if he is a legal ram. Where are you hunting?
I will be in the Yukon. End of August into early September. Guided hunt with Mervyn's. I have weighed everything as if I was day hunting and with rifle, ammo, optics, packed rain gear, extra pair of socks, extra t-shirt, first aid kit, headlamp, all the typ. little stuff I am at 34 pounds pack included as well. I have easily been hiking 3-4 miles a day plus go to the gym if I don't hike. I'm 170 lb's Figure the better shape I am in and a good shoot with my gun will hopefully better my odds to be successful. Thanks for your input.

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
You are in for a good time. We first hunted with Tim when he was the head guide for the Collingwood Bros in the Spatsizi in BC before he got his own outfit in the Yukon. Both my best friend and I got our rams with Tim. Are you going to have a grizzly or caribou tag?

OP
ricknhunter
You are in for a good time. We first hunted with Tim when he was the head guide for the Collingwood Bros in the Spatsizi in BC before he got his own outfit in the Yukon. Both my best friend and I got our rams with Tim. Are you going to have a grizzly or caribou tag?
I will be hunting caribou also. I am really excited for this adventure. I hope to have fun and get a chance for a nice sheep & good caribou. I have heard he has some really nice caribou there as well.

Article 4

WKR
Take all the glass you can. I carried my Zeiss 85mm on all my horseback hunts. Being able to accurately judge the animal by carrying the extra weight will save you hours of walking and gallons of sweat. Not to mention the ever present risk of climbing in sheep country in pursuit of a sheep you don’t end up shooting.

I would take the Zeiss because you are on horses. Off topic but ..if you are carrying 34 pounds hunting train with 50-60. Just remember legs and lungs, legs and lungs.. I spend time on our trampoline, walk with my pack and a sandbag and do sets of 50 body weight squats between periods when watching hockey games. Enjoy that hunt, I have always wanted to hunt with horses but end up backpacking. Yukon is breathtaking ,I grew up there. Good luck hope you end up with a Ram.