New sheep hunter

Bigred323

FNG
Hey there guys. Joined rokslide a couple of weeks ago after seeing all the sheep info.

Took my dad moose hunting this last October and after seeing the country in BC and talking about sheep hunting I caught the itch.

Fast forward 2 weeks later, I bought my first ever raffle ticket for a sheep hunt and 4 days later, I get the call I drew a freaking desert bighorn sheep in Sonora, MX!

Took a flight out to Sheep Show last week and now I’ve got a Dall booked in the NWT in 2027!

Don’t know if I’ll ever get the slam, but definitely something to look forward to trying.

cbeard64

WKR
Congratulations! You are in for some great adventures. I hope the cards fall right for you and you can go on a bunch of sheep hunts!

Good luck!

Rabbit46

FNG
Wow, congrats! Good for you.

I am looking forward to hear about your hunt prep and each of your hunts!

survivalistd

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations on your draw. Excellent and exciting!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

schmalzy

WKR
Way to go man! I am excited for you. The train up and gear prep was almost equally impactful on me as the hunt itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bigred323

FNG
Thanks guys!

I’ve got my work cut out for me that’s for sure. I live down on the Texas coast at essentially negative elevation, so the mountains are a little intimidating to me, but I’ll get it done.

ColeyG

WKR
Congrats and condolences if you happen to catch the sheep bug bad. Your wallet, feet, and back are going to suffer, but your soul will thrive.

Now get a heavy pack on and start gaining some elevation.

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on drawing a tag. That’s awesome! Enjoy the process because the opportunities are few and far between.

Rknight

Lil-Rokslider
Better than winning a lotto ticket! Congrats. I’ll just keep living vicariously through y’all

Well that's not a bad way to get into it 😄
Congrats on the tag
Hopefully you will share a recap

CMF

WKR
I live down on the Texas coast at essentially negative elevation, so the mountains are a little intimidating to me, but I’ll get it done.
We're on the MS coast, light house steps with weighted packs makes for decent training.

OP
B

Bigred323

FNG
Good idea. I’ve already doing some weighted pack work and once I’m able to start putting on some Miles, I’ll head to the beach and start doing some weighted hikes in the sand dunes. Figure that’s as good as any.

swarovskicoues

Lil-Rokslider
get to a healthy weight, be honest with yourself if you need to lose weight and walk a lot! congrats on the upcoming hunts!

OP
B

Bigred323

FNG
get to a healthy weight, be honest with yourself if you need to lose weight and walk a lot! congrats on the upcoming hunts!

Thanks and For sure! I got in pretty decent shape for the moose hunt we did in October but I’ve still got about 20 pounds I can cut to be where I want to be.