CZ Drake All Terrain feedback

sndmn11

WKR
I am getting back into bird hunting which would entail upland over dogs, and probably waterfowl. I have never done the latter.

I bought a used 20ga instinct on here with the plan of it being good for upland. I also have a 12ga 870 I bought in high school in 2001.

In my search for a O/U I came across the current $100 CZ rebate, I also have a code for $100 off at Sportsman's that works on the drake all-terrain. Cerakote sounds nice, the magnetic ejectors sound interesting...

I am not protective of my stuff and just want it to work. I'd imagine using the drake for waterfowl or on the off chance my wife joins and uses the instinct. The alternate would be to use the 870 or get an affinity or 12ga instinct. (or maybe a 20ga?)

With the seemingly low price after the coupon and rebate of the CZ Drake it is tempting me. Who has feedback for it or any other CZ O/U?

I looked at the cz drake and then I held the instinct then the instinct sl. The weight difference was.... well alot. If your not dead set on another o/u and want to use the cz rebate I'd also take a look at the 720 or 712. (Note sure if they are still made)

I recently got a 720 and it's a sweet little gun

TSAMP

WKR
I snagged a 20ga LH drake a couple years ago for a dedicated left shotgun to try out. The actions still a tad tight but has performed great for me overall with zero issues.

JeffP_Or

WKR
Not a CZ owner but have also been intrigued by the all-terrain; I think they did a profile on them and use [sponsored] on The Flush TV show. The magnet thing looked pretty handy. Fit should be your driver for purchase though - first and foremost.

I will add, the cerakote finish thing, I have a waterfowl gun that is cerakoted and have been very surprised how easily it scratches and shows marks. I was under the impression is the be all, all end of hard coat finishes.

Long Cut

WKR
I own a CZ Rimfire and have shouldered a CZ Drake. The Drake fit me extremely well and I more than likely will buy one when the time comes.

I love my CZ Rimfire rifle. Fit, Finish and Quality have all been there. I imagine the shotguns to be the same way.