CVA Wolf and conicals

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know how the CVA Wolf shoots conicals? I have some Hornady Great Plains 385gr conicals I was going to try to shoot. I'm not looking to shoot too far, 75-100 yards.

I've read that 1:28 twist barrels don't always shoot well, I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
kparrot,
I don't know that rifle, but can tell you 1:28 isn't made for conicals but sabots. That doesn't meant they won't shoot, but you're risking it if you have to buy a rifle to find out.

If you know you are going to be shooting conicals, you need to look for a 1:48 twist. Less of a gamble.

Having said that, my Khanke 1:28 shoots conicals great while my T/C 209 x 50, 1:28 hates them.

Anyone else know on the CVA wolf?

You can also call CVA, if they are like T/C, they might be upfront with you.

OP
K

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the response, I've been seeing the same thing around the internet. People have been saying the same thing, some 1:28 shoot them while others don't.

I guess I just need to get out and try them out.

Does anyone know how the CVA Wolf shoots conicals? I have some Hornady Great Plains 385gr conicals I was going to try to shoot. I'm not looking to shoot too far, 75-100 yards.

I've read that 1:28 twist barrels don't always shoot well, I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with it.

I shoot conicals from my 1-28's on regular basis but I an shooting the longer variety like the Bull Shop .503-460 grain bullets.

Perhaps the most well know rifle for shooting Conicals is the White and it has a 1-24 twist.

With a 1-28 you might have some problems with a short conicla like a miniball...

These will shoot from a 1-28

bullshopBullets.jpg