Cva caacade vs savage axis II

Looking at buying one of these two rifles chambered 350 legend. Givin it's basically a 150yard rifle is the $200 extra for the cva worth it?

Afhunter1

WKR
I’m shopping for the same gun. I’ve held both and when I get my hands on the next CVA I see I’m going to buy it. It feels like twice the gun for the money and all the reports I’ve heard are very good. Axis shoot but too cheap for me.

TheGDog

WKR
The Axis II model has their AccuTrigger. That bladed trigger system. I really like their trigger. You may want to first make sure you like or don't like their trigger first... before you truly decide.

robtattoo

WKR
If you're thinking of Cascade money, the Ruger American would fit the bill really well.
As much as i'm a fan of the Axis, if you can spend ruger money, spend ruger money on the ruger.

OP
HuntInWild88
If you're thinking of Cascade money, the Ruger American would fit the bill really well.
As much as i'm a fan of the Axis, if you can spend ruger money, spend ruger money on the ruger.
I was looking at those too however I can't find one! LGS has an axis and cascade..what LGS does have that I want though is a ruger in .204. But I have enough predator rifles.

Afhunter1

WKR
I have an Axis II in 223 and a Ruger American in 450 bushmaster. The axis is cheap and I won’t buy another but it does shoot everything under an inch. The ruger is a moa gun all day too and used to be the gun I would suggest in this price range but the CVA’s I have held in my opinion are finished nicer and have a better quality barrel and trigger than both those other guns. I’m holding out for the cascade in camo/cerakote to come back in stock at my LGS. Last time he had them listed at 599.00. I just wish it had a 18” barrel.

robtattoo

WKR
I'm on my 'severalth' Axis & i'm the first to admit, the stock is an utter garbage fire. Designed by committee, to a budget, in the dark. Like... they read a description but never saw a picture?
But everything else about it. Barrel, action, trigger etc is fantastic. A bit of cash to Mr Boyd puts you into a really, really nice budget bolt gun and (for some damn fool reason) you can get a C note back for the factory stock on ebay.

barrister

WKR
I have a CVA Cascade in 350 Legend. The stock feels amazing, the trigger is very good and overall it feels like a more expensive gun. The barrel is Cerakoted and threaded. It’s a Bergara barrel. The CVA blows away Tikkas and Thompson Center Ventures I have had in the feel and finish department. I jus broke in the barrel and tried out some factory loads in it. It shoots MOA at 100 yards with pretty much all of them. I’ll be going with the Federal Fusions. I haven’t hunted with it yet, but I’m very happy with it.

OP
HuntInWild88
I think I'm going to go with the cascade. I found one in vail camo threaded barrel and scoped at walmart for $589. This rifle is really going to be my truck gun. I have my safe queens.
So I appreciate yall input!

TheGDog

WKR
I'm on my 'severalth' Axis & i'm the first to admit, the stock is an utter garbage fire. Designed by committee, to a budget, in the dark. Like... they read a description but never saw a picture?
But everything else about it. Barrel, action, trigger etc is fantastic. A bit of cash to Mr Boyd puts you into a really, really nice budget bolt gun and (for some damn fool reason) you can get a C note back for the factory stock on ebay.
Or... you can just paint up that factory stock and viola!...
Savage308WinCamoedUpWithVeracityScope.jpg

TheGDog

WKR
Oh Wow... omg that would SUCK!

Yeah mine is the Trophy Hunter version. Mostly just a nicer bolt and has AccuTrigger.

I did notice that the Axis stocks where a little more flexy feeling though. And the bolt handle is a bit "economical" by comparison.

barrister

WKR
I think I'm going to go with the cascade. I found one in vail camo threaded barrel and scoped at walmart for $589. This rifle is really going to be my truck gun. I have my safe queens.
That's the exact version I have and summarized in my previous post. As noted, I'm really impressed with it so far.

Afhunter1

WKR
I ordered the same gun today at the same price. I also ordered a 2-10 Burris veracity on sale at Natches for 349 to go with it. Should make for a sweet lil combo. I have heard nothing bad about these cva’s yet.

OP
HuntInWild88
So I bought the CVA yesterday. I have to say it's one of the better budget gun triggers I have felt...but today i walked into a different store and low and behold..a ruger ranch...for $540...

Last edited: