Cut & Thread my Mark IV: Local or not?

Vaultman

WKR
I got my approved 22 LR can today!!!
It will mainly be on my Mark IV 22/45, but that needs to be cut and threaded. Do I have this done somewhere local (Portland, Oregon area) or do I send it somewhere? Seem like I should have someone local do it, but who? I don't want to have just any ol' shop do it? Or is it not that big of a deal?

@Cameron.25 I called McCluskey Arms a while back but never got a responce. I am just curious if you know they are still around???

Cool. Thanks.
Scanning his site, I do not see a location? Is he in NV?
Yes, he is in Fallon. Really good guy who has threaded several guns for me, and done a couple custom handgun threadings for people I’ve sent his way. He’s an unreal machinist who knows guns and builds beautiful custom firearms. I’ve been waterfowl hunting with him, he a super good dude.

I got my approved 22 LR can today!!!
It will mainly be on my Mark IV 22/45, but that needs to be cut and threaded. Do I have this done somewhere local (Portland, Oregon area) or do I send it somewhere? Seem like I should have someone local do it, but who? I don't want to have just any ol' shop do it? Or is it not that big of a deal?

@Cameron.25 I called McCluskey Arms a while back but never got a responce. I am just curious if you know they are still around???
Congrats! Not sure about McCluskey, when i called them they answered the phone but that was a year or 2 ago. Seems like a standard enough task that many competent gunsmiths should be able to get done tho. I know you just got a different one, but if anyone is looking for the perfect 22 pistol can, the mercy firearms pluto is the answer. 2.5" and 1.5oz, perfectly comfortable shooting cci mini mags in my chopped barrel with no ear pro

Attachments

• 20240628_133205.jpg
    20240628_133205.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 17
OP
Vaultman

Vaultman

WKR
That is sweet, and tiny.

How accurate is that short little barrel?

I did get ahold of them today. I was suprised that buying a precut one was way less expensive than having them cut, threead, and crown mine. It was less than half the cost, so I may just buy another one even though it'll have a BGC.

That is sweet, and tiny.

How accurate is that short little barrel?

I did get ahold of them today. I was suprised that buying a precut one was way less expensive than having them cut, threead, and crown mine. It was less than half the cost, so I may just buy another one even though it'll have a BGC.
They just sent me this email, seems like they're still in business to me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240710_103521_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240710_103521_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 9

hibernation

Lil-Rokslider
If you're looking for someone local, I had a good experience with Koonce Custom Gunworks in Salem. Cut and thread, plus thread protector, was $200.

I did get ahold of them. I will be guy there one of these weekends. Gotta get it done.
Nice. I bought the chopped uppers from them for a very reasonable price, not sure what he'll charge to do it to yours. And to answer your earlier question, it seems plenty accurate for plinking around at the range so far. I haven't really tried to get tiny groups with it on paper or anything yet. Got too many toys to shoot!