Custom Rifle Journey/Review *Pic Heavy*

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Just finding this tread, fantastic write up. Your findings are very similar to mine. Apart from the carbon barrels. i know steel are less finiky, i just love the look of carbon :ROFLMAO:. My cartridges have also gotten quite a bit smaller. currently using a 22 creed & 25 SST. i have a 6 PRC Primal at the gunsmith now. really looking forward to that one

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
Just finding this tread, fantastic write up. Your findings are very similar to mine. Apart from the carbon barrels. i know steel are less finiky, i just love the look of carbon :ROFLMAO:. My cartridges have also gotten quite a bit smaller. currently using a 22 creed & 25 SST. i have a 6 PRC Primal at the gunsmith now. really looking forward to that one
Appreciate that!!

Yeah I’m not anti carbon really. I’ve shot several that shot good to great since making this original post. Certainly well enough to kill animals out to a long ways.

My gunsmith is actually going to produce a “flagship” style build which has a 1.250 shank proof barrel on it. So I’m having him build me one in 7-300 NMI for next season. So we’ll see! If it can’t hold 10 shots under .7, going straight back to steel lol.

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Appreciate that!!

Yeah I’m not anti carbon really. I’ve shot several that shot good to great since making this original post. Certainly well enough to kill animals out to a long ways.

My gunsmith is actually going to produce a “flagship” style build which has a 1.250 shank proof barrel on it. So I’m having him build me one in 7-300 NMI for next season. So we’ll see! If it can’t hold 10 shots under .7, going straight back to steel lol.
Hell yeah! how are liking that 22 creed?

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
More hunting and more rifles.

Killed a good mule deer with 7-300 NMI and 180 ELDM’s. If I had to shoot one bullet for the rest of my life, it might be the 180 ELDM. Easy accuracy, high BC, modest recoil and massive wound channels.
IMG_6201.jpeg

6 PRC
IMG_4693.jpeg

28 Nosler with 180 ELDM’s. Buddy’s rifle, but I loaded for it. Benchmark carbon barrel shot excellent.
IMG_6360.jpeg

Everything was built by @barehandlineman at High Voltage Armory

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
What bullet do you shoot in CA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had 7mm 160 McGuires loaded with 90gr. N570 going 3450FPS. Just never found a buck worth shooting with them. They shot great and I killed a couple coyotes and a pig with them and terminal performance looked solid.