Custom DIY Turret Labels- Elevation and Windage

Darg

FNG
IMG_20230214_214455634.jpg
DIY how to make your own custom printed turrets.

What's in the photo?
4 elevation levels 5°, 20°, 25°, and 30° - it will be the same shooting up or down hill
Starts at 200 and every ! mark is 25 yards
4 windage levels 5, 10,15, 20 - left and right are different because of bullet spin and aerodynamic jump
Starts at 200 and number is for distance (^ is for x75) (- is for x50)(25 is for x25)
Wind can surge so many experts prefer to dial elevation and hold over for wind, but this is something I want to try
note that this is a 2nd focal plane scope, so the scope must be at full zoom for the long range moa to be correct

These labels were created on the free http://turretlabels.com/. He has both elevation and windage tools. He also sells high-quality printed labels at a very reasonable price if you create the labels on his site.

Components/Supplies
Ruger 7mm prc - Go Hunt Camo - 24 in barrel - stock omni muzzle break
Fullfield E1™ Riflescope 4.5-14x42mm with reticle long range moa (1/4 moa per click)
Talley medium extended 1 in scope rings.(18 in lbs on scope rings)
Low extended talley rings will not fit by 1.5mm- I seat my scope nearly all the way back for eye relief
Wall and string method with rifle on level for mounting scope(cell phone level)-did not need a rifle stand
SanLiang Torque Screwdriver for torqueing scope
screwed in and out turrets to make sure springs are settled and ready for adjustment

Ballistics
Hornady 4 dof for ballistics
Ordered two Burris custom knobs (laser scribed) to make the turrets adjustable(original has scope caps)
Used 200 yard zero
Did not find actual barrel velocity, but have the ability to print new labels.
Used ballistics for 7mm prc eldx 175gr Hornady( I wish one day they commercially make 7mm prc with nosler partion 175gr as it is the best lead bullet on market for hunting, hands down, but unlikely)
Ballistics jump and bullet spin were included in ballistics

Seasonal/elevation changes my ballistics, so printable ones make sense for me. Underneath the paper there is the elevation laser scribed if I ever lose the printed vinyl. Then if I lose the adjustable turret cap, underneath is a dial with 0-12 marks, so I know my zero.

Making labels
used inkjet hp printer for labels
Buttercrafts Printable Waterproof Vinyl Sticker Paper for Inkjet Printer (Matte Sticker Paper White, 8.5"x11")
Will use superglue on top on the vinyl to ensure ink wont run(waterproof)

My labels shown are based in the month of April in my region.
7mm PRC 3000fps 175gr ELDX 200zero 50F 6kft 53hum 8twist 29.9p 1in8
I have different printed labels for hunting in late October at higher elevations

All-in Prices of components
160 scope
60 scope rings
650 rifle
110 turrets(2)
15 sticker paper
35 Torque screwdriver

$1030, lets call it $999

Happy to Answer any questions

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have to be honest I got confused just looking at this haha! I do love seeing the different ways guys find solutions like this though! Obviously it makes sense for you so doesn't matter what I think! For me I am always swapping scopes around here and there so I bought some white board tape and wrap my turret in that. Then I can go in and mark my dope out to 5 or 600 with a sharpie and it is good to go! My rangefinder accounts for incline so I don't worry about the different shot angles and just use the "trued" range. Just another easy method for someone to try and it only costs a few $.

ID_Matt

WKR
Just recently started diving in to these. A lot of guys using them in PRS and printing on white so they can mark each target on the turret. Usually just a copy of the exact turret mil markings, but the white lets you write on it and erase.

Reactions: XLR
OP
Darg

Darg

FNG
I have to be honest I got confused just looking at this haha! I do love seeing the different ways guys find solutions like this though! Obviously it makes sense for you so doesn't matter what I think! For me I am always swapping scopes around here and there so I bought some white board tape and wrap my turret in that. Then I can go in and mark my dope out to 5 or 600 with a sharpie and it is good to go! My rangefinder accounts for incline so I don't worry about the different shot angles and just use the "trued" range. Just another easy method for someone to try and it only costs a few $.
Those angle distance rangefinders are really cool. White board tape/masking tape method makes a lot of sense for fast and easy adjustment

Reactions: XLR