Custom Black Gold Options

Bump for S&S archery.
I ordered a custom MBG sight last year and put the order in on a saturday evening, got the sight the following thursday. It was a custom build. Exactly what I wanted. Great service and great prices too.
Kevin

Whisky

WKR
New to MBG sights. Can't seem to find weights for Spott Higgs are they fair bit lighter then Spott Hogg? (Tommy Hogg vs Ascent Verdict with 4" dovetail for example )

Also, there is no description of the different head options?? Trying to figure out what I want

Thanks

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
New to MBG sights. Can't seem to find weights for Spott Higgs are they fair bit lighter then Spott Hogg? (Tommy Hogg vs Ascent Verdict with 4" dovetail for example )

Also, there is no description of the different head options?? Trying to figure out what I want

Thanks

I am currently working on another post for the Spot Hogg sights, that will include all weights and differences in models and options. Until then, i will say that the Black Gold Verdict is much lighter than either of the Spot Hogg multi pin sliders. And much less expensive.

Wow. i just realized that my article is missing the different heads and descriptions! I'll get that updated asap, but basically the head options match up with the sight names, for instance the revenge head has the same features and the revenge head.

Feel free to call me with any questions..

rob
208-495-4222

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just updated the Article..thanks for pointing that out! here are the differences in Heads:

Sight Housing. This is where you will have the option of having micro adjust pins, or micro adjust gang horizontal and vertical, both, or neither.

Revenge. Has both micro pins and micro gang adjustments
Backdraft. Has only micro pins
Widowmaker. Has micro gang adjustments
Standard FP HD. Has no micro adjustments

Steve

FNG
I also ordered a MBG custom sight last year from S&S along with several First Lite articles and couldn't of been happier with the service or the prices. Thanks

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I have a mbg. Love the site. I like the dovetail feature. Wish I had all .010 size pins as they are bright enough and help improve accuracy. I have micro adjust. I thought it was an awesome feature when I bought them, but honestly I don't change arrows enough or poundage enough on my bow to justify the extra cost, and the tolerance of them isn't perfect. My brothers seem to think the HHA sites are it, but after watching them deal with the problems, I'll stick with mbg, or maybe look into spothog someday. But for now, don't see a justifiable reason to shoot anything but mbg.

Knowing what I know now after reading this I really wish I would have went for the Revenge instead of the Widow Maker!

Why is that? are you a fan of the micro adjust pins?

Full disclaimer...I'm basically a born again bow shooter (until the last month I hadn't shot in 15 years). Leading up to getting a bow and all the accessories I kept hearing 'get micro adjust, you'll want it'. So, I got the widow maker thinking the adjustments were what I needed. Now that I'm all set up it seems like the gang adjustments aren't really needed unless I were to change to a heavier/lighter arrow? Any adjustments I've made after the initial sight in have been pin specific...and micro adjust looks like it would be easier to fine tune.

All that said, I'm really happy with my set up and can hit what I aim at as long as I do my part out to 60 yards. Just took a bit more trial and error I think.

TBoschma

Lil-Rokslider
I got my MBG sight last year and had it in a few short days! just in time for the NW Mountain Challenge.