Crowd Sourced Optics Comparison (CO area) ***Updated 3/9/24***

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Team, thinking about a good day to knock this out.

A few things reviewing I didn’t see that would be cool:

1) STC/ATC local (tracking @robby denning willing to ship, but trying to save some pennies).

2) Kowa 66a (unless I missed it)

I know a few of the west sloppers had a mini razor and some other stuff, but assuming they won’t want to drive the 3-4 hours to link up (I wouldn’t). I think I can borrow a mini razor from Amazon without too much heartburn….wont be doing that with the Kowa ;).

If anyone has a preference on day of week or actual day let me know.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Update:
I was able to snag a Kowa 66a.

@ToolMann @TheViking or @westonadkins if one of you wants to play still with the 77 Kowa that would be great. @sndmn11 if you want to compare the 66/77/88 you are welcome to bring the 88.

@ShakeDown or @hunt-n-ski would love to compare the Kowa 55 spotter if you are available. Welcome to mess with the binos you have too.

@RussDXT if you want to compare the NL 10s may be cool.

Lastly @robby denning I never found an ATC. If your willing to send it let’s work logistics (assuming your done with it for a few weeks).

Anyone else who rogered up are still welcome.

I’m open to location to fit everyone’s needs. Two potential with good viewing ranges are where I live on the Air Force academy (north c springs) or at my cabin about an hour west of Denver (1+45 west of c springs).

I’m targeting next weekend (3 Feb) but open the following as well (10 Feb). Really want to get all those items listed above so can flex as needed.

Open to feedback.

sndmn11

WKR
Update:

@ToolMann @TheViking or @westonadkins if one of you wants to play still with the 77 Kowa that would be great. @sndmn11 if you want to compare the 66/77/88 you are welcome to bring the 88.

@ShakeDown or @hunt-n-ski would love to compare the Kowa 55 spotter if you are available. Welcome to mess with the binos you have too.

Lastly @robby denning I never found an ATC. If your willing to send it let’s work logistics (assuming your done with it for a few weeks).

I’m open to location to fit everyone’s needs. Two potential with good viewing ranges are where I live on the Air Force academy (north c springs) or at my cabin about an hour west of Denver (1+45 west of c springs).

I’m targeting next weekend (3 Feb) but open the following as well (10 Feb). Really want to get all those items listed above so can flex as needed.

Open to feedback.
I'll see what I have going on.

TomJoad

WKR
Late to this party but Denver local, conceptually can make it and able to layer in a sleeper I didn’t see contributed: Leica HDB 10x42

Range finding may not fit into this test but my kowa spotter is already in attendance. Lmk!

Update:

Open to feedback.

Those dates work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Let me get the shipping estimate on my mini razor and see if we hear back from anyone else with the mini Kowa and we can make the call on next weekend or the following.

Good stuff @ShakeDown

I’ll scout some areas around the academy we can set up.

Thinking of blowing up the chart to 4 pieces of 8.5x11 and setting it closer to 1000yds to maybe pull out some errors that aren’t noticed at closer ranges.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Shot a DM to folks mentioned above in an effort to coordinate. Attempting this Saturday at 2pm (to roughly 530 probably for low light). Proposed location is at the Air Force Academy 30-45min south of Denver.

If you didn’t get the DM but want to be involved let me know.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Replied to DM. Location is fine but currently calling for 80% chance of snow on Saturday. We all know that may change.
Yeah thx for the backup. Didn’t even check. We can flex if it still looks bad. Just trying to narrow the group and make sure we get the optics we need to compare and rough availability of folks.

MattCO

FNG
Late to the party, but I'm in Highlands Ranch and could bring the items below if you end up rescheduling to another weekend

Monarch HG 10x42
Maven B5 18x56
Swaro BTX/ATX 65/95
Sirui T024SK w/VA-5 head
Outdoorsmans tall tripod w/fluid head

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Late to the party, but I'm in Highlands Ranch and could bring the items below if you end up rescheduling to another weekend

Monarch HG 10x42
Maven B5 18x56
Swaro BTX/ATX 65/95
Sirui T024SK w/VA-5 head
Outdoorsmans tall tripod w/fluid head
Awesome. Tripods will be important for sure as mentioned earlier. Some may wonder how the ATX and 18s compare too. We have a decision point for weather Thursday evening (for a Saturday afternoon link up).

Backup plans are Sunday afternoon or the following Saturday.

Last edited:
OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Inventory is building. Should be fun.

Sounds like we should have Kowa 77 and 55 too.

Attachments

• IMG_9803.jpeg
    IMG_9803.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 34