Crispi Briksdal MTN Durability

TURNER208

FNG
Been looking into these and a few other boots. Like that they are full synthetic and the fit of them, but hesitant to pull the trigger as I've seen a few bad reviews of durability. I was wondering if Crispi had resolved this or that was just a few bad boots out there?

The definition of durability is subjective. it’s a full synthetic boot, nothing is more durable then full leather.

I don’t think a rand starting to peel is a major durability issue, I’ve had to re-glue rands on zamb, Hanwag, Lowa etc. majority of issues I’ve seen is rand peeling

I think I will get about 3 years out of mine and I average about 300’ish miles a year on them specifically. I rotate between them and hanwag Yukon/ancash.

I had a blow out 3/4 days before an Aug sheep hunt last year. I bought them because I figured minimal to no break in. I did 10 miles first day in then and felt great. Then left for 10 day 13k sheep hunt. Zero issues. And zero issue rest of the year hunting elk, deer and bear.

My only complaint is I wish they where a 4 flex

The definition of durability is subjective. it’s a full synthetic boot, nothing is more durable then full leather.

I don’t think a rand starting to peel is a major durability issue, I’ve had to re-glue rands on zamb, Hanwag, Lowa etc. majority of issues I’ve seen is rand peeling

I think I will get about 3 years out of mine and I average about 300’ish miles a year on them specifically. I rotate between them and hanwag Yukon/ancash.

I had a blow out 3/4 days before an Aug sheep hunt last year. I bought them because I figured minimal to no break in. I did 10 miles first day in then and felt great. Then left for 10 day 13k sheep hunt. Zero issues. And zero issue rest of the year hunting elk, deer and bear.

My only complaint is I wish they were a 4 flex
Yup wish they were a 4 flex as well. I still may buy them just because they fit my foot so well.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Mine are holding up good.

Going on 2nd full season.

1 elk and 2 bear hunts plus around 50 break in miles which honestly were probably not needed. Still feel close to new on the foot. With some outside scuff wear.

Not sure if there is a difference between the MTN or MTN GTX but hit the search bar, there is a long thread on it. Mine had the rand separation issues as well.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I haven’t had an issue with the synthetic material or durability apart from some softer outsoles (I’m okay with that) and Rand separation.

My SF version of the briksdal mtn gtx just had Rand starting to separate after initial break in. I just glued it back. I’ll keep doing that since I like these boots so much.