Crispi Altitude

Johbran

Lil-Rokslider
I know they were just newly released but wondering if anyone has got their feet in a pair of the Altitudes and what their thoughts were.

Kotaman

WKR
I ordered a pair, tried them on and sent them back. And I’m a huge Crispi fan, I currently have 11 pair. If you take these for what they are, they are fine. They are a cheaper boot that feels that way to me. The fit for me was different. They seem to be on a wider last but really narrow off in the toe. They are not at all stiff, which will serve most fine. For me they were just a ”miss” but I really liked the looks of them. Like all boots, some people will love them and some will not.

Yooper

WKR
I ordered a pair, tried them on and sent them back. And I’m a huge Crispi fan, I currently have 11 pair. If you take these for what they are, they are fine. They are a cheaper boot that feels that way to me. The fit for me was different. They seem to be on a wider last but really narrow off in the toe. They are not at all stiff, which will serve most fine. For me they were just a ”miss” but I really liked the looks of them. Like all boots, some people will love them and some will not.
Appreciate the review here. They've been on my radar, too, but I think I'll move them down the list now.

I know they were just newly released but wondering if anyone has got their feet in a pair of the Altitudes and what their thoughts were.
I was in the market for an upgrade (coming from Irish Setter VaprTreks), and I bought the Scarpa R-Evolutions and the Crispi Altitudes.

I got the Scarpas first, and they are stiff. Pushing on the heel and toe, I get very little flex. The Altitudes are definitely more flexible and have a slightly more generous toe box. However, the Scarpas feel more snug in the mid-foot due to the Sock-Fit.

The weight on my size 10.5 is 1 lb 8.75 oz vs 1 lb 12 on the Scarpas.

I'd say just walking around I can "feel" the ground better in the Altitudes and there's slightly more tack in the sole. If the Scarpas would loosen up just a bit, I think I'll stick with them. I can't speak to long-term durability of either brand, but that's about as much as I could get from my couch review.

i really like the looks of them, but synthetic on the whole top of the toe area means wet feet for me.... there is no way the goretex will keep integrity in the toe area of that boot where i do most of my hunting.... salmonberry, devil's club and blackberries will find their way through that in pretty short order, and even if it wasn't for all of the thorns trying to get my feet wet, there needs to be some structure on the top of the toe area of the goretex will start leaking just from bending that much over time.

looks like a pretty sweet dry weather boot

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of 13. I love them, BUT they just don’t work for my feet. I also ordered a pair of Meindls that I think are going to work better. I’m gonna put mine in the classified when I get a chance. The upper on this boot is amazing. It’s really comfortable. My feet are just super picky.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I first saw them coming out, I thought that might be a boot to look at.

I first looked at the weight- 1.45 lbs/boot and thought wait a minute that's pretty close to my Thors, check the Thors and they're 1.2 lbs- wtf?

I called Crispi to see if that was a misprint- nope. I then asked about stiffness, Thor was significantly stiffer.

The Thors have a generous toe box, sounds like these may not.

So lighter AND stiffer, and a generous toe box- I'll be sticking with my Thors.

CCH

WKR
When I first saw them coming out, I thought that might be a boot to look at.

I first looked at the weight- 1.45 lbs/boot and thought wait a minute that's pretty close to my Thors, check the Thors and they're 1.2 lbs- wtf?

I called Crispi to see if that was a misprint- nope. I then asked about stiffness, Thor was significantly stiffer.

The Thors have a generous toe box, sounds like these may not.

So lighter AND stiffer, and a generous toe box- I'll be sticking with my Thors.
Since you brought up the Thors, how are yours holding up? I’m interested in trying some, but concerned about the EVA midsole.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since you brought up the Thors, how are yours holding up? I’m interested in trying some, but concerned about the EVA midsole.

Mine are holding up really well; I took a pair on seven day snowshoe trip in March and beat the snot our of them- soaked thoroughly everyday between wet snow and fording streams. Fighting through never ending blowdown, kicking in steps on frozen snow and a myriad of other fun things :D

The end result- one broken shoe lace :)

JWL

FNG
Do they run tie to size? Any other input on these? Anyone love them?

GONHNTN

FNG
I've been eyeing these up too. It would be great if a store near me had them in stock but it seems like even most online retailers are out of stock. Did they just make a small 1st run to see how they would sell?

Sled

WKR
I've been eyeing these up too. It would be great if a store near me had them in stock but it seems like even most online retailers are out of stock. Did they just make a small 1st run to see how they would sell?

Supply chain issues. Look on their site. All the new boots are out of stock or only in random wide sizes.

CCooper

WKR
I bought a pair and put about 5 miles on them on the treadmill, I really wanted to like them, but they are too narrow in the toe box for me. I guess I need a wide and they currently do not offer them in a wide. I need to post them in the classifieds.

jwags551

FNG
I bought a pair and put about 5 miles on them on the treadmill, I really wanted to like them, but they are too narrow in the toe box for me. I guess I need a wide and they currently do not offer them in a wide. I need to post them in the classifieds.
What size? I'm also considering Thor's