Creepy experiences in the backcountry

Heres another creepy encounter
I was going onto a piece of property that I lease to check some traps and there was a mini van parked at the gate
I get out of my truck and theres no one around so I'm taking pics of the van when I hear some weird sound like singing or fast taling but cant make out whats being said because its very faint
I walk over to a trail and head in when I start seeing people about 100 yds away so I walk over to them and what do I see. Theres a woman on her knees with flowers in her hand and 8 people walking around her chanting
I recognize these people as south American but where from I'm not sure
I walk up to them and yell out asking what they are doing so this up walks up to me smiling
I tell him they are trespassing and they need to leave and the guy smiles and says ok
I get back in my truck to go onto the property to run my traps and when I come out theyre gone so I decide I'm gonna go look at the area where they were
I get up there and there flowers everywhere especially on these mounds they've built that look like graves.....my first thought upon seeing this is OH SHIITE THESE FOLKS HAVE BURIED PEOPLE ON MY PROPERTY !!!!
I get the law down there and theyre just as alarmed as I am so I give them the descriptions of the one guy and the pics of the van with the tag number. they got the crime scene van down there and was using GPR to scan the mounds.
They track them down to another county and its a group of Guatemalans
They were having a VooDoo ceremony of some sort to rid their home of evil spirits is what I'm told over the phone by one of the officers
I told him to tell them to get rid of those evil spirits on their own place I didn't need them on mine

one more creepy story
5 years ago while turkey hunting I have a bird gobbling real good about 300 yds away so I start making my way to him before he comes off roost
I see something that just unbelievable and have to do a doubletake to make sure I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing
It is a clear translucent thing that immediately reminds me of the PREDATOR movie monster
This thing was about 8'-9' tall and about 3'-4' in diameter it was maneuvering its way through the trees almost like it was gliding across the ground but definitely working its way through the trees
I really didn't scare me but rather peaked my interest. I watched this thing until it went out of sight and there was no sound to it at all. I never finished my hunt that morning as I had lost all interest
This was about a month after I caught the Guats having a VooDoo ceremony on this property
Yes this really happened as sure as I live and breath

Late 80s, I was deer hunting near The Marquette Branch Prison in the U.P. of Michigan, I had shot a small 7 point buck and It happened to be in the bottom of steep Rocky Ravine, No way to bring the deer out whole so went back home to get a back pack and bags so I could quarter it up and pack it out, There was around 4" of snow that had fallen the previous night and my tracks were the only ones I'd seen on my trip in (early morning), and out to get the pack, Upon returning around an hour and a half later there was a fresh set of tracks that looked to be sneakers by the sole print, thinking it was strange I dismised it and carried -on, on my way back out loaded down I crossed the tracks again and looked in the direction they traveled seeing where they had stopped and stood for a while looking into the ravine I'd quartered the deer, I Walked the few feet to the spot and could see my deer"s carcass plain as day 150 yds. away or so in the bottom, most likely watching me quarter it, That night our nightly news said there was an escapee from the prison that had been rescued by another hunter a half mile away as he was yelling loudly for help because he was lost and freezing ....
Makes Me wonder what was running thru this guys mind watching me and thinking to himself "Can I get this guys gun and make him get me outta here"

I got nothing compared to some of you guys, but here goes......
1988, back in England, myself and a couple of friends did a ton of rabbit hunting & snaring. There was a particular copse, maybe a mile from my house that I was super familiar with. I played in the as a kid, shot roosting crows, pigeons & pheasant all the time & obviously, hunted bunnies like a maniac.
I never set snares in there, because i knew one of the local farmers had terriers that used to roam free & i'd have caught hell if i'd snared one by accident!
Anyhow, one night after school, i grabbed my air gun & picked up my mate Rob Holmes & we went for a 'mooch' to see if we couldn't jump a couple of rabbits. We're maybe 100yds in & approaching our favorite sitting & smoking stolen cigarettes log..... To this day I have no explanation but when we got to the log, there were 10 dead rabbits, stretched out as though they'd been hanging by the back legs, stacked up in a pyramid. They were still in rigor mortis & we couldn't find a shot, trap mark or snare mark anywhere on them! Obviously, our teenage minds ran rampant, thinking that someone had poisoned them in the hope of killing us (we didn't exactly have what you might call 'permission' to be in there....) or that it was an elaborate trap by the local gamekeeper! Needless to say, we left them well alone! I went back a couple of days later & there was no sign of them (obviously the terriers, but not to a 14 year old....) & I have never set foot in there since!

If my wife watched that I think she would chain me to our house.
same with me
o.png

Around 2010, my hunting buddy and I decide to bird hunt a semi remote area in central eastern Wa. that has very difficult access. After we make it to the end of the 4x road/trail we start getting our gear together and looking over our map. Just as we are getting ready to head out, we can hear another vehicle that sounds like it is rallying down this very rough road. Mostly curious to see this we wait by the truck, and a minute later a newer black Lincoln Navigator complete with big chrome wheels, low profile tires and blacked out windows rips by us and heads out through the sage brush and bushes. As we are trying to decide if this was hilarious or creepy, another rig, set up the same as the first comes tearing down the road and Stops about 50yds past us, on the tracks of the first vehicle. This rig stopped facing directly away from us and we immediately noticed two things,
there were ar15 barrels sticking out all 4 windows, not pointed at us, but pointed out the windows and straight up
and the rear license plate was gone or covered up.
At this point we got the message and quickly dumped our gear back in the truck, and headed out.

We reported this to the state police who said they would turn the info over to the feds, but we never heard anything from any law enforcement.

There is a situation that didnt happen to me but I will tell it. In the late 1970s a Milwaukee man related to some locals in Mellen Wisconsin lined up for a deer drive in what is known as the big buck triangle. A large section of swampy lands between Mellen, Glidden and Clam Lake. After the drive this guy never showed up and it had started snowing. He is still a missing persons case to this day. They claim he possibly found a quicksand like spot in one of the black spruce bog swamps and got hypothermic and died.

doubletake to make sure I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing
It is a clear translucent thing that immediately reminds me of the PREDATOR movie monster
This thing was about 8'-9' tall and about 3'-4' in diameter it was maneuvering its way through the trees almost like it was gliding across the ground but definitely working its way through the trees
This Predator thing is almost the exact same story from "Missing 411, The Hunted" on Amazon Prime. Only that story was a lady deer hunting from a tree stand in Ohio or Wisconsin. Just remember ... if-it-bleeds-we-can-kill-it.jpg

Just so I don’t get creeped out myself the next time in the field, I’m pinning your story on the worst eye floater in the history of mankind. Thanks for sharing! Any more skinwalker stories out there? Before this thread I’d never heard of the phenomenon before. That s***’s crazy!

Around 2010, my hunting buddy and I decide to bird hunt a semi remote area in central eastern Wa. that has very difficult access. After we make it to the end of the 4x road/trail we start getting our gear together and looking over our map. Just as we are getting ready to head out, we can hear another vehicle that sounds like it is rallying down this very rough road. Mostly curious to see this we wait by the truck, and a minute later a newer black Lincoln Navigator complete with big chrome wheels, low profile tires and blacked out windows rips by us and heads out through the sage brush and bushes. As we are trying to decide if this was hilarious or creepy, another rig, set up the same as the first comes tearing down the road and Stops about 50yds past us, on the tracks of the first vehicle. This rig stopped facing directly away from us and we immediately noticed two things,
there were ar15 barrels sticking out all 4 windows, not pointed at us, but pointed out the windows and straight up
and the rear license plate was gone or covered up.
At this point we got the message and quickly dumped our gear back in the truck, and headed out.

We reported this to the state police who said they would turn the info over to the feds, but we never heard anything from any law enforcement.
Central eastern wa, difficult access, lincoln navigator with pimped out wheels and low profile tires, with ARs on top of that, 100% drug related. Lol I'd get the hell out too.

Geez... Either a lot of you have been watching too much Finding Bigfoot, or you need to hook me up with your dealers.

I don't use drugs of any kind and as far a bigfoot, aliens, ghosts are concerned I don't believe or not believe any of that because there are a lot of people who have seen these things
What i do believe is what i have seen for myself and heard for myself
The things i have posted on this thread actually happened but i do believe they have an explanation that goes beyond my knowledge

I don't use drugs of any kind and as far a bigfoot, aliens, ghosts are concerned I don't believe or not believe any of that because there are a lot of people who have seen these things
What i do believe is what i have seen for myself and heard for myself
The things i have posted on this thread actually happened but i do believe they have an explanation that goes beyond my knowledge

Cue the “X Files” music... LOL

My wife really liked that show back in the day.

This happened to me around 1999 or 2000, late fall/early winter. My now ex wife and I were living in a farm house in southern Oregon (Klamath Falls) while in college. We had just gotten home and needed to let the dog out to pee (it was pitch black out/but don't remember specific time)

I let Henry out (basically a blind/deaf basset hound) and he took off running around the back of the house. I told my ex, go around to the front of the house and I'll go this way and bring him back. I'm calling for him and nothing I continue walking around the house and come to the eastern side and I find Henry standing there, hackles up and growling..I look up and no more than 8-10 feet from me is an all black figure about my size (5'11/6ft) standing there..as quick as I saw it -- it turns and goes to the front of the house and turns the corner...I go hauling butt as my wife is up there...as I round the corner and ask where did that man go?? She said what man?

It wasn't until after the event that I remembered it didn't make any noise walking through the dried leaves on the ground. I don't remember anything specific body feature wise... other than you could see the it was blacker than the night, I could tell where head/shoulders were but nothing else stood out.

Another interesting fact I didn't know until years later. My encounter took place outside the extra bedroom where my boys slept. I would alway find them in the living room in the mornings but never knew why and they were too little to really explain it? They told me..something in that room always creeped us out so we felt better in the living room.

Last edited:
Back