Crazy Used ATV Prices-Is This Regional or Everywhere?

Weldor

WKR
I drove to New Mexico to get a Polaris 500 sportsman X2, the price was to good to pass up. It was well worth a 3 hr ride each way.

Used prices in nebraska have stayed about the same for a long time now - $2k-2.5k for older 4x4 with plow in good shape is about bottom dollar. $4000+ for newer bigger machines. Local business buys trade-ins fixes them up and sells them (does a nice job).

FB marketplace is a joke. Everyone thinks their junk is worth 2x what this place sells them for.

Weldor

WKR
Your right! people must be buried in them. Trying to sell machines for what new ones cost is crazy. Like I said in my earlier post, I bought a brand new Can Am Pro XT Out the door $19995.00 in 2020. People here are trying to get that for 10 year old Razr's. It's nuts. Jeep are the same. I had to replace my 16 wrangler Willy's (rear ended). The only thing I could find with similiar mileage and equipment was a 13. Prices are that high.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Used prices in nebraska have stayed about the same for a long time now - $2k-2.5k for older 4x4 with plow in good shape is about bottom dollar. $4000+ for newer bigger machines. Local business buys trade-ins fixes them up and sells them (does a nice job).

FB marketplace is a joke. Everyone thinks their junk is worth 2x what this place sells them for.

Do FB marketplace listings move at those high prices? I can't say they do around here and they stay up for months. Not sure what the end goal for the sellers is.

Weldor

WKR
I don't think so, I believe people are just to lazy to take a long running add down. Most probably end up trading in because people won't pay their price. I seen a Toyota Sequia ( that looked good) one owner start at $21000 and finally sell at $12.999. The interest rates are killing the market. If you have cash you can name your price.

Do FB marketplace listings move at those high prices? I can't say they do around here and they stay up for months. Not sure what the end goal for the sellers is.
I would say typically not. Stuff sells, but who knows what the actual selling price was. my experience selling stuff on FB is whatever the going rate is, I won’t get close to that.

I think the hard part is when a good deal pops up, it’s gone instantly.

CorbLand

WKR
I think we are also going to have to get through this mentality that everyone stuff is worth less than they think. People are listing things like it’s 2021 still. There’s a Tacoma that is listed here and has been for a couple months. 60K and it’s a standard off road model. You can buy that brand new for 45K.

Wheels

WKR
I agree with everyone that used prices are out of control. I recently sold a 2018 Polaris Ranger with 500 hours on it for exactly what I bought it for new. Most of the similar machines were priced $2000+ more than what I sold mine for, it sold within hours.
Granted, the price of a new one has increased drastically in 5 years and most dealers aren't "dealing" on new ones. Drove 4 hours to pick up a new one to get a deal.

rclouse79

WKR
Not an atv, but I have been looking at the used Tw200 market around Boise. Some people seem to be delusional. There is a 23 with less than 500 miles they have listed for $6000. I am tempted to ask what makes theirs so special they are asking $1000 over msrp.
I have seen a lot that are almost new between $4500 and $50000. A lot of those have been listed for months. I have been saving a bunch of listings, and most that sell lower their price beforehand. I think someone is a lot less likely to be offended by a fair offer below their asking price after it has been listed for a while. I have set the limit I will spend to 4k once I save the money. Once the funds are ready I can start making offers and see what happens.

rclouse79

WKR
I got a pretty good deal on a quad last year, my hunting partner just got a better deal. They're out there, but waiting around for "the deal" is key. If you "need one now" you may pay a premium.
I know you are right, but I struggle once I have the cash in hand! Perhaps I will develop some patience and self control as I grow older.

CorbLand

WKR
Not an atv, but I have been looking at the used Tw200 market around Boise. Some people seem to be delusional. There is a 23 with less than 500 miles they have listed for $6000. I am tempted to ask what makes theirs so special they are asking $1000 over msrp.
I have seen a lot that are almost new between $4500 and $50000. A lot of those have been listed for months. I have been saving a bunch of listings, and most that sell lower their price beforehand. I think someone is a lot less likely to be offended by a fair offer below their asking price after it has been listed for a while. I have set the limit I will spend to 4k once I save the money. Once the funds are ready I can start making offers and see what happens.
Expand your search to SE Idaho. A lot of farmers over that way loved those to run around on.

Fatcamp

WKR
Anybody have a reccomendation on where to buy maintenance supplies for ATVs?

Lubes, filters, etc.

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
I bought 2008 Polaris 800 EFI HO with 45 hours on it for 5k. I thought it was a good deal for around here in West Texas.