Crazy Used ATV Prices-Is This Regional or Everywhere?

prm

WKR
I have been trying to find a 4-wheeler in No. VA for the lady that manages the barn our horses are kept. Her old Polaris finally died. Crazy the prices out there. I’d like to find a Foreman or Rancher since she does drag arenas, haul hay bales, etc.

crgchck

Lil-Rokslider
Don't be afraid to show up and low ball someone with cash in hand and a trailer to take it home.

You'll probably get cussed out once or twice but I buy stuff on a deal like that all the time. Especially if it's been for sale for a while.
You being from NC and a hustler, I’ve probably not cussed you out but have likely told you F no or given you the finger emoji multiple times. I price things fair but there’s always those guys from western NC.. I got cash in hand, I’ll come right now, but I’m 4 hrs away… half the time they don’t show up

I got a pretty good deal on a quad last year, my hunting partner just got a better deal. They're out there, but waiting around for "the deal" is key. If you "need one now" you may pay a premium.

Trial153

WKR
I recently sold a sxs because I felt what was offered in trade in was to low. I listed it and had about 8 calls the first day. One guy offered me 1500 to cut in the front of the line more than asking when I told him I had someone coming to look at it today and he was most likely buying it.

Weldor

WKR
AZ prices have always been high for decades. They are not coming down. Jeeps, SxS's , Quads in the west are always up. I bought my Can Am in 2020 new for less than any used ones in Phoenix or Tucson. I also sold my Honda and Polaris in one day (Honda 1000-5 and 570 crew.) And like stated earlier I had a traffic jam of buyers. Try to buy a good used Jeep anywhere from Texas west and you will pay premium for a good one. Has not changed in 45 years.

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a 24 Honda Rubicon EPS deluxe for using around our property. It will replace my 2012 Brute Force 750 .
The BF has 900 miles on it and 200 hours, Warn winch, and new 26 inch Wanda tires. Our local dealer told me the BF should sell for $6,000-$6500. Time will tell as the Rubicon will not be picked up until April

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
I've been casually looking for 2+ years for a used ATV or SxS.

ATV seem to be more ridiculous. 5k+ for a 10 year old machine that's been stored outside? Used price more than what the MSRP was?

CorbLand

WKR
They are coming down around here but still up there in prices. I see more and more sitting with for sale signs.

Doesn’t help that anyone that refinanced to a 2.5% interest rate got a massive raise. I work with a guy that refinanced his house and bought a new pickup and car for his wife back in 2021. All three of those payments equal what his mortgage was prior.

You being from NC and a hustler, I’ve probably not cussed you out but have likely told you F no or given you the finger emoji multiple times. I price things fair but there’s always those guys from western NC.. I got cash in hand, I’ll come right now, but I’m 4 hrs away… half the time they don’t show up
Hey you always offer less if they say no you can still pay their price, and I will if it's something I really want.

The I'm on my way and don't show up piss me off to.
I've left work grabbed a trailer and went to Chattanooga to get a truck before, and when I pulled in the guy said damn you really did show up.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
It's crazy here too. I have been looking for a little 50cc for my son and even the 'non running' 2001 models are over $600.

The other end of it I guess is nice my 2012 Grizzly is still 'worth' over half of what I paid for it new. It'll be a cold day in hell before I sell that machine though, it's been through a ton and still keeps kicking.

I’m seeing Honda ranchers that are 15 years old going for $3000 plus around my house.

Obviously I’m not paying that for one but I’m seeing other people doing that.

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
Just sold a ‘09’ 750 brute force with 12000mi for $1700 took forever to get it sold I really thought it would bring more

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the market a few years ago. The quads that were priced good were junk and the used quads I would actually buy weren’t far off from new prices. Ended up just buying new.