Coyote Hunting - Seated Front Rest Options

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
The Quik Stix came just in time for a hunt today. Only went one for ten or so on my stands, but took my first yote at 72yds on my fourth stand. I'm happy with the product so far. Excited to try them at longer ranges.

Attachments

• IMG_2777.jpg
    IMG_2777.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 16

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
If somebody with more motivation than myself created a swagger style bipod that deployed like a primos trigger stick you would have my money immediately.

I love the swagger but on uneven terrain there's a trial and error to the leg deployment.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking to do some coyote hunting in the next few months and wondering what options I should consider for a front rest for seated positions. I'll shoot with my Tikka this year but in the future will probably want the ability to switch between bolt and AR platforms. Here's what I've looked at so far. Any recommendations?

• Swagger Bipod - looks like a great dedicated predator hunting option, but not easily transferrable between guns.
  • Spartan Javelin 42" Legs - already have the Javelin and adapters on a few guns, not sure how steady the whole system is compared to the swagger. Expensive.
  • Spartan Springbok - looks to be brand new, might be a happy medium between the javelin with 42" legs and the swagger
  • Wiser Precision Quick-Stix - not as easily adjusted but could use for more types of hunting
The Springbok is a pretty awesome tool, I'm not sure a camera or video quite does it justice until you played with it.

We are at Western hunt with Spartan right now and it's been by far the hottest product. I really can't imagine a better predator hunting tool. There's no other tool that will allow you to shoot off uneven ground in so many different shooting positions quicker.

Several of the rockslide team was there I anticipate you have a pretty good review here shortly.

I'll be with Mr G till about 2:00 p.m. today if you want to talk to him about it feel free to give me a call.

Driftin

FNG
My shooting sticks are easy to carry and offer a stable rest so they go on every hunt. Practice practice with your system to see if works for you.

Magma

Lil-Rokslider
Caldwell makes one for about seventy-five bucks and another one less than 200 bucks.

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
Yeah, I know my photo just has the spartan javelin in it but I actually shot the yote off the quik stix. Just went over to drag her and didn't bring the poles.

Once I can get to my long range spot in the mountains I'll be trying a bunch of shooting positions from them.