Counter tops?

Ridiculously high. My guess is $20-$25k

On a side note, have you thought about alternatives. I finished this up last week. It’s a Bartop. But, counter top wood is every where. Quartz ain’t got nothing on the wow factor these give your kitchen.
Black Walnut?

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, price varies a lot between man made and natural stone. If you really want a heart attack, check the prices of those translucent onyx slabs that you can put lights under them. We used those on one project, under lit the counter and I think the slabs were about $10,000 apiece just for the slab.

If you are price sensitive, you might want to look at some of the large format porcelain tiles, Some are almost the size of the granite slabs.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
I worked in the countertop industry in So Cal from 2019-2023, Prices vary a lot from 2cm to 3cm mostly due to the weight of the material being installed. If you have a strong labor crew they can install with 3 guys depending on sections but I had to help our installers almost every time we had a 3cm kitchen. Also lighter colors weigh less then darker colors and I still don't really know why. Pricing could vary due to edges as well but if you are getting a 3cm they tend to cost less then 2cm because you don't have to add material to make the edge you just take off the 3cm.
While quartz can "withstand" staining more then granite, quartz is more delicate in terms of heat and chemicals. Certain cleaners and chemicals would void warranties if clients used them to clean at the company I worked at. I always recommended granite because yes you have to seal it every year which the process is pretty simple but it withstands heat, can take direct heat from pots and pans no problem and if sealed properly you don't have to worry about staining. Also keep heat away from seams. Can't tell you how many jobs I went to where a client cracked a seam due to them having some sort of heat source to close. It usually was a rice cooker/ pressure cooker/ toaster oven located close to or on the seam that would cause issues. Be mindful of your kitchen appliances and which ones produce heat constantly while on and keep them away from seams and joints imo.
PSA any stone countertop will stain if you don't clean up after your spills.

manitou1

WKR
We did a kitchen island, the countertops and both bathrooms with double vanities in granite for about $8K in 2021.

On the low end, granite is about the same $, on the high end, granite is more expensive.

Jethro

WKR
Seems expensive. I just signed to have my kitchen remodeled. Small galley kitchen. 10' long stove on left, sink on right. New cabinets to ceiling (take out soffit), quartz counter top, new sink, plumb in a diswasher (which we don't currently have), tearing out little divider wall to make pantry space, moving dryer vent to accommodate stackable units, new laminate floor, change lights to recessed. Not including any appliances, backsplash tiles, or the flooring which I won........ $24K

I don't know total counter top dimensions.

What is the deal with sealing granite every year? That is all we have in our house for the last ten years and have never done anything to it. Still looks great.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
What is the deal with sealing granite every year? That is all we have in our house for the last ten years and have never done anything to it. Still looks great.
Because Granite is a natural stone and porous its best to seal it. Honestly if you clean up after yourself and don't leave messes or spills you wont have a problem.

Because Granite is a natural stone and porous its best to seal it. Honestly if you clean up after yourself and don't leave messes or spills you wont have a problem.
That is probably it then. Wife keeps a pretty clean house and has whipped the kids into shape to be picking up after themselves and cleaning up their messes. Going to look into it though. Want to make sure it stays looking good.

Backyard

WKR
That is probably it then. Wife keeps a pretty clean house and has whipped the kids into shape to be picking up after themselves and cleaning up their messes. Going to look into it though. Want to make sure it stays looking good.

I seal mine about once a year. Very simple job. I was told by the installer that this is about the best, so it’s what I use.
f0dcc9c54ed44173839072c6e40b9e7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Preventative maintenance is the best maintenance. It goes both ways though, I went to a lot of inspections of quartz where clients stained their tops by leaving wine out and when we asked why they would say "well i thought it wouldn't stain it".... Ma'am its red wine on a white countertop left out for days lol. You can seal quartz too if your really want too but its overkill.