Counter tops?

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
Around here (South and Central Texas) most quartz is $60-$80 sq ft installed, depending on color/pattern and brand (Silestone, Cambria, Q-quartz, etc). Some of the higher end products like Dekton will be much more expensive and edge treatments, waterfall edges, etc can up the price significantly. Sinks can run from $150 to $1k+. $200 per undermount sink to cut and polish edges. I would expect to sell a package like yours with a ā€œstandardā€ color/finish quartz anywhere from $8k - $11k.

As a GC I get level 4 quartz for about $2000 to $2500 a slab (depending on 2cm vs 3cm). Fabrication runs around 25-30 a sq ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Just redid our kitchen counters and subway tile backsplash, missing in the pic is another 4ā€™ counter $12,200.

They did demo of old counter and backsplash, i did the removal of that beat up sheetrock and installed IMG_1124.jpegthe new hardibacker.

WKR
Uninstalling current granite, taking out old backsplash, taking out old sink and faucet. Putting in around 90 feet of quartz, new sink, new faucet, new disposal, new tile backsplash. Total for project $14,000.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Uninstalling current granite, taking out old backsplash, taking out old sink and faucet. Putting in around 90 feet of quartz, new sink, new faucet, new disposal, new tile backsplash. Total for project $14,000.
Hmmmā€¦seems like 11-14k is the price without backsplash based off what everyone is paying. Not sure if he thought he saw a sucker or if thereā€™s that much variation in pricing.

Yoder

WKR
I had Granite installed about 6 years ago. Two L shaped pieces. One was about 6ftx4ft, the other had my corner sink then a 3ftx4ft piece. I bought the cheapest grade of Granite. The were scheduled to install it before Christmas. They asked if they could do it after Christmas and gave me a $400 discount. I think it cost $1800 installed and that included the sink. The counter tops are awesome. No chips or stains. I've only sealed them twice and they look like new.

CB4

WKR
We just had ours done about 3 months ago. It was 45sq/feet and cost right around $4000 installed.

We got it from Lowes of all places. They had it on sale for 30% off plus another 10% off on a special promotion. It saved a lot.

Remember that man made stone is more expensive because of the labor that goes into making it.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
$140/sq foot and 3mm quartz. Everything included in the per square foot number. Sounds like there are some big variations in the labor between companies.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
There's idiosyncrasies in play with quartz material too.

Some is cheap and undesirable.

Some is overpriced like Silestone (made in Spain, no practical purpose for it to be here anymore with all the competition).

Fabricators are hit and miss to. You might need a GC to take care of the plumbing and electrical and repair drywall behind the splash that was removed and then paint the entire walls that the splash touches.

It's usually more than property owners expect.

If you want to send the bid for review I don't mind taking a look.

Maverick1

WKR
Luckily Iā€™m a cheap bastard. Iā€™ll wait until I find the deal I want. I just had a little sticker shock at the first estimate. I assumed 12-13k and depending on options the estimate was 21500-27500.
You should have posed the question to this group as a comparison to the price of a hunt! As in ā€œguess the cost estimate of my countertop as compared to the price of the following huntsā€
A. Guided whitetail hunt in some midwestern state
B. Yukon Moose hunt in Canada
C. Elk hunt in NM with unit wide tag, fully guided, 1-1.
D. Marco Polo sheep hunt in Ripmeoffistan.

knehrke

FNG
Interestingly enough, this isn't limited to kitchen counters. My lab at a major medical research university was recently remodeled, and I swear there's a single 90-yr old guy in Northern Saskatchewan who fabricates lab bench tops. Or so it seemed, with a six month wait time. And I won't go into the cost, since it might make me cry. Again.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
You should have posed the question to this group as a comparison to the price of a hunt! As in ā€œguess the cost estimate of my countertop as compared to the price of the following huntsā€
A. Guided whitetail hunt in some midwestern state
B. Yukon Moose hunt in Canada
C. Elk hunt in NM with unit wide tag, fully guided, 1-1.
D. Marco Polo sheep hunt in Ripmeoffistan.
Pollā€¦. Would you rather go on an Alaskan moose hunt or have stupid counter tops?

Ridiculously high. My guess is $20-$25k

On a side note, have you thought about alternatives. I finished this up last week. Itā€™s a Bartop. But, counter top wood is every where. Quartz ainā€™t got nothing on the wow factor these give your kitchen.

Attachments

• IMG_4560.jpeg
    IMG_4560.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 38
OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Ridiculously high. My guess is $20-$25k

On a side note, have you thought about alternatives. I finished this up last week. Itā€™s a Bartop. But, counter top wood is every where. Quartz ainā€™t got nothing on the wow factor these give your kitchen.
Thatā€™s ridiculous! Very nice work.