Counter tops?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Just had my first quote and about fell out of my damn chair! Anybody ballpark the cost of quartz counters installed? Kitchen with island, computer nook, main floor bath and master bath with split vanities. Looks like the paperwork came out to 105sq feet. 3 or 4 slabs. New kitchen sink and faucet, use 3 old faucets in bathrooms, replace 3 sinks. I’ll withhold the estimate out of fear of ridicule! 😝

I’m curious to hear what others have paid per sq foot installed?

NRA4LIFE

WKR
We're having quartzite installed on our kitchen countertops and island next week. And yes, it is ridiculously expensive. With that much area, 4 slabs would not be a surprise. I can probably come pretty close to what your estimates are.

INshooter

FNG
I think for our Kitchen remodel last year we had $6,000 in countertops. I’ll have to pull out the receipt to see the square footage when I get to the house. Island was roughly 4x8 and L shape kitchen was 14x6ish

CorbLand

WKR
My brother redid his kitchen, I cant remember if it was precovid or not. Think he said that it was 15,000 to do the entire thing and over half was just counter tops.

INshooter

FNG
I think for our Kitchen remodel last year we had $6,000 in countertops. I’ll have to pull out the receipt to see the square footage when I get to the house. Island was roughly 4x8 and L shape kitchen was 14x6ish
These were quartz by the way.

We had 2cm white quartz counter tops installed in February. It was $8K installed, California cash price. Not sure of square footage. We have about 35 linear feet of countertop, 35 linear feet of back splash, 52"x104" Island and an 8' windowsill. Not the cheapest option and not the easiest to maintain but, they are durable. We make sure to use cutting boards and hot pads. I use bar keeper's friend to clean any scuffs. Works great. Granite is probably more durable however the clean look of white quartz sold me on it.

rideold

WKR
Yea, they are expensive. Cheaper than some other options but still expensive. That said, if you get a good company the end result is pretty amazing. We had them put into our 1950 house and their laser measurement system resulted in a perfect fit. They literally walked the finished counter into the house, laid it on the cabinets and slid it into place and there wasn't a single gap along the wonky 70 year old wall! Well worth the cost if you ask me.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Quartz. Make sure you shop around. Prices vary and there are people lined up out the door and around the corner to rip you off.
Luckily I’m a cheap bastard. I’ll wait until I find the deal I want. I just had a little sticker shock at the first estimate. I assumed 12-13k and depending on options the estimate was 21500-27500.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Yea, they are expensive. Cheaper than some other options but still expensive. That said, if you get a good company the end result is pretty amazing. We had them put into our 1950 house and their laser measurement system resulted in a perfect fit. They literally walked the finished counter into the house, laid it on the cabinets and slid it into place and there wasn't a single gap along the wonky 70 year old wall! Well worth the cost if you ask me.
I guess that depends on the cost! 😜

Built a house last year and put quartz in the kitchen. Total for 71.4 sq ft configured as shown below was $5993, so $84/sq ft.
IMG_20240624_160630~2.jpg
20230928_191522.jpg

We chose quartz over granite because quartz (we were told) is impervious to staining and doesn't require sealing. Six months in and our white-with-gray-accents quartz is showing faint stains around the sink (and elsewhere). I wish we had chosen a darker color to better conceal stains.

Last edited:
Quartz slabs where I am run $1,400-1,800. Maybe a little more or less depending on the “specialnesses” of it. That’s not including install, just the raw slab.

hikenhunt

WKR
Built a house last year and put quartz in the kitchen. Total for 71.4 sq ft configured as shown below was $5993, so $84/sq ft.
View attachment 728314

We chose quartz over granite because quartz (we were told) is impervious to staining and doesn't require sealing. Six months in and our white-with-gray-accents quartz is showing faint stains around the sink (and elsewhere). I wish we had chosen a darker color to better conceal stains.
I have a distant cousin that sells quartz countertops and he got us some Weiman glass cook top cleaner and it cleans our quartz amazingly well. It must have the right amount of grit or something, but he confirmed that you shouldn't seal quartz and that it doesn't stain like granite can.

I have a distant cousin that sells quartz countertops and he got us some Weiman glass cook top cleaner and it cleans our quartz amazingly well. It must have the right amount of grit or something, but he confirmed that you shouldn't seal quartz and that it doesn't stain like granite can.
Thanks for the tip. I found that cleaner on Amazon and just ordered a bottle.

Backyard

WKR
Did granite a couple years ago. If I remember it was about 30/sqft installed.
eb28660a2b299aa5fb9f1739161d022d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaperPin

WKR
I’ve never known a counter top fabrication/installer to say they are too busy - their prices just go way up and if you go away or accept they are equally happy.

Just helped my brother in law track down decent quality for middle of the road prices and it was a challenge. We finally found a guy who’s not great at self promotion, but had a well equipped shop. I kind of got the impression he fired a bunch of guys, or lost a partner, and was a little rusty as a fabricator doing it himself, but it looked good and came out to about $2,000 in fabrication cost per slab. All the shops, even this one, have a long list of projects in the que, so my brother in law offered him $1,000 extra in cash if it could be installed in a week. I was surprised he took it, but it was sure nice getting their kitchen functional so quickly.

:)

Hnthrdr

WKR
Got a giant kitchen island, kitchen and dry bar for 11k installed and that was with the most expensive grade of quartz my wife could find. It was also a good friend of my mine that I work with so there might have been a decent hook up. I can send you his info if you want another quote