Cot for SO 4 Person Tipi

fishslap

WKR
Looking for cot recommendations for my seek outside 4 person tipi when truck camping at the trailhead. Size and weight is not a primary concern as long as it fits with the sloped walls of the tipi. I hunt solo so taking up too much space is not a consideration either.

Do you guys run your normal inflatable pad on these or do you switch to foam? I use an exped down mat or big Agnes q-core when backpacking, but I use the Teton xl cot and foam pad in my wall tent and it’s much more comfortable.

GWT

FNG
I have a 8 man tipi and I use the naturehike or marchway ultralight cots off Amazon and I put my xtherm air pad on top of it.

The cots are shorter to the ground but it gives me more space in the tent.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
I have a 8 man tipi and I use the naturehike or marchway ultralight cots off Amazon and I put my xtherm air pad on top of it.

The cots are shorter to the ground but it gives me more space in the tent.
Thanks. Good recommendation. I’ll take a look. Do you use any straps to keep your pad square on the cot, e.g., keep it from slipping around?

GWT

FNG
I do not use any straps, I’ve never had a problem with it slipping off throughout the night and I do roll around a lot.

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
I found one of the Helionox Cot One on sale and have been fairly happy with it. The ones on Amazon that GWT mentions above would have been my choice otherwise. I'm not a big dude but I do wish it was a bit wider. I use the exped megamat 10 and it hangs over but I don't feel the side rails as much that way and it sleeps great. All I use is a couple of loops of paracord to keep it in place, works fine.

Last edited:
OP
F

fishslap

WKR
Thanks guys. I added the marchway cot off Amazon to my Christmas list so I’ll probably be getting that one. Easy and cheap.

*zap*

WKR
I am waiting to find a reasonable price on the therm-a-rest mesh cot in xl which is 30" wide. It is fairly light for a cot that width but certainly not lightweight.

DeBear

FNG
I am waiting to find a reasonable price on the therm-a-rest mesh cot in xl which is 30" wide. It is fairly light for a cot that width but certainly not lightweight.
Several places selling them for 170 or less shipped .

Tx_300wsm

FNG
We’ve been using this one from academy. Low enough we can get it right up next to the walls of my 8 person. Use our normal sleeping pads on top. Cheap and they work great.

Attachments

• DF88457D-8E12-4228-86DA-DF182E23682D.png
    DF88457D-8E12-4228-86DA-DF182E23682D.png
    269.4 KB · Views: 30
  • E73E1C21-BB7D-4FB8-AD6C-D0A64D6FC5D0.jpeg
    E73E1C21-BB7D-4FB8-AD6C-D0A64D6FC5D0.jpeg
    520.5 KB · Views: 31

Idaboy

WKR
The largest helinox cot, sleep better, warmer and has extended my hunts due to better sleep..worth its weight in gold for me to set up at base/spike camp. If I was moving daily then a cot is a no go.