Cornerstone Gun Dog Academy experience?

Don't let the e-collar intimidate you, but you are smart for proceeding cautiously until you learn how to use it correctly. When used correctly, your dog will be excited when you put the collar on them. Mine sees the Garmin bag come out and knows he's about to get to do what he loves.

In addition to Freddy King's vidoes mentioned by Kurt above, Evan Graham's Smart Fetch book and videos do a really good job of teaching how to use the collar correctly and with the least amount of stimulation necessary to reinforce the command.

OP
G
One last question, I'm pretty interested in Pat Nolan and Bill Hillman for puppy programs, which would you recommend for an amateur? Do either line out your training schedule better

KurtR

WKR
One last question, I'm pretty interested in Pat Nolan and Bill Hillman for puppy programs, which would you recommend for an amateur? Do either line out your training schedule better
either pick one and follow it and be consistent. You would have to have alot of experience and trained alot of dogs to be able to pick which one was better for what specific goals you have and what kind of dog you have in front of you.

Heres the thing every program lines it out but dogs dont follow time lines problems will arise and thats where you have to be able to figure out how to fix the problem or who your going to call to fix a problem. Most problems come from people who are not consistent. You have a standard you hold it all the time.

I use Bill Hillman vodeos and thought they were great. Pricey but I sold mine for 75 percent of what they cost me. Heard good things about Pat Nolan. Both do incorporate e collars. I never used cornerstone but what I have seen I am not impressed. Lots of ads with guys dodg at side on a golf course throwing a dummy for a 2 year old dog 20 yards in a pond. I think wow my pup was doing that 16 weeks. I like to have a bird boy to get the dog to look out not at me. I havent watched many videos but the ones I have seen not impressed.

I forgot also very pricey. Also check out a local retreiver club that might have some low key members you could meet with on the weekend for a training session. Good luck and have fun